“good but oversized dosas and samosas”

Philadelphia Chutney Company
Ranked #598 of 4,717 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

good indian fast food place with absolutely huge dosas and even bigger samosa (like 4 times usual size), so sharing is compulsory - quite large choice of filling options is available. nice place for a quick bite if you want an exotic fast food meal

1  Thank Scipion-Paris

Reviewed January 29, 2013

I find this a very nice and tidy place to eat south indian cuisine in Philly. I particularly like the sambhar which was very nice.

1  Thank alkarpe
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I just got warmed at home from my lunch at PCC earlier today........... When I went inside, I noticed that everyone seated (about 10 people), had their coats on. A couple of people had on their hats and caps also. Then I became aware of the loud disco music. Ummm, a little too loud for lunch since I would not be dancing.............

I asked the counter person if the heater was broken. He pointed to the A/C / Heater and said, "No, the heat is on." (Obviously, the patrons had not gotten the message or they would have taken off their coats (and hats).

The food is delicious and there's a good variety of Indian food. I ate fairly quickly, since it was so cold inside and the music was bothersome. Good thing I was alone, I'm not sure that I could have hear anyone I was talking to at my table.

I won't be going back again in the cold weather. I'm gonna wait until the spring....maybe I'll be warmed up by then and the music will be toned down.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

I tried the Masala Dosa ($7) but Ashiwad (Upland, CA) still remains my favorite for this particular dosa. My favorite item here was kati rolls. I had the Achari Paneer Roll ($8) which was grilled Indian cottage cheese cubes marinated in a spicy pickle rolled in Indian flat-bred. I will be coming back to try their other dosas and to get more kati rolls.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Dosa pancakes are huuugggeee and at first I thought I'd never eat it all and it was so good soon it was all gone ad i didn't feel overstuffed Lot's filling choices to satisfy vegans, vegetarians, and those who eat chicken. Interior decor is rather industrial and noisy so come for the food rather than the atmosphere. Good for lunch.