“Great food, nice people and right across from Alexander Inn”

Tria Washington Square West
Ranked #177 of 4,488 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Couldn't have been closer to Alexander Inn, our new favourite place to stay in Philadelphia. Tria is buzzing in the evenings and deservedly so, but the super efficient staff found us a table upstairs. The beer list is outstanding and the food matched it. Starters, mains and puds + drinks didn't break the bank and the quality was high. Definitely on the list for a return visit when next in the city.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Just back from a weekend in Philadelphia....found THE best restaurant in the city. No joke, would drive back there just for dinner. We arrived in the city Friday afternoon, went for a walk and got drenched. Took our wet selves back to our hotel, showered and found dry clothes. Weather still threatening so we went across the street to Tria. The reviews were good, and the location was even better. We risked an outside table, as it was pretty crowded inside. We weren't alone out there, and despite some drizzle, we stayed pretty dry under the awning. Our waitress had some recommendations.....a friendly and pleasant young red haired woman (Emily?) and took great care of us even though she got a little wet while serving us. We shared a stuffed pepper appetizer...red peppers stuffed with crabmeat. I had the salmon salad, and my boyfriend had the duck salad. We both had beer from the extensive craft beer list. Then a pannacotta to share for dessert. Everything was incredible...food, service. We had planned to go back there Saturday night, but our city travels took us elsewhere. Sunday morning we packed up and checked out of our hotel, and went off to see some more sights before heading home. Hungry by around 1 PM, we went back to Tria....just had to eat there again before leaving. VERY hungry as it turned out. Joshua, one of the managers, waited on us....outside again of course. This time sunny and dry. Recommendations always welcome...we had the featured craft beer (Anchor Lager), shared the stuffed figs and a cheese appetizer, my boyfriend had the albacore tuna sandwich, and I just had to have that salmon salad again. Again...everything was wonderful, and I am going to try to duplicate those figs at home as Joshua was nice enough to describe how they were made. I seldom rave about restaurants, but I am raving. This place does everything right.....would love to transplant Tria here to NY.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

After moving to the neighborhood I'm here a lot more often and the place just keeps getting better and better. I loooove the curated beer selection (roughly 6 drafts the rest bottles.) I also can't say enough about the lamb sausage. I think if this dish goes away I will boycott and never return. I think I could literally eat 10 servings each time I go.

Whether you want to make a full meal of it or simply nibble over a drink this is a great spot. Either way you're going to leave super satisfied and your wallet won't need to go into quarantine; very good bang for your buck here. Oh and definitely snag a table outside if you can, great way to spend a couple hours.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

First off, the Monday-Thursday Happy Hour is a must. $5 selections of a white, red, beer and cheese. Great value. Beyond that, one of the best wine and cheese selections in a great atmosphere. Servers are knowledgeable and provide great recommendations.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Stopped at Tria for lunch on a Saturday. It is a small restaurant/ bar. The weather was gorgeous and there were tables outside, which was very nice. Nice menu with lots of cheese, wine, and beer selections. The service was good, not great. When we sat down, we were all VERY hungry having just come from running a 5K and asked our server for some bread for the table while we were deciding. She suggested we order an appetizer that would come out fast (we ordered rosemary potato chips which were very good) however, I would have appreciated a gratis plate of a few slices of bread and butter. That said, the food was very good, we ordered the carmelized onion and feta bruschetta as an appetizer to share (4 of us), very good. I ordered the spinach salad with salmon and feta, which was delicious and large. Everyone else ordered sandwiches, which were also large and very good. Overall, a very good restaurant.