“Just Awful”

Frank's A-Lot
Ranked #167 of 215 Quick Bites in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Awful! If you’re going to a place called Franks A-Lot, get the hot dogs. We didn’t. Needed some quick take out. Ordered the 2 piece BBQ chicken. So dry you couldn’t slice into it with a knife or stick a fork in it. Mediocre mac-n-cheese side. Just as mediocre cole slaw.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (39)

Reviewed August 2, 2019

I'm pregnant and i was dying for perogies last night until this morning, I came to Franks to get some perogies bc i read they had the best in the city, and ugh, if only they were actually warm and fresh!! they were good but they were cold and can tell they were sitting out a while.. then charged an extra dollar for some soggy onions on the side... sad face.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed June 29, 2019

I ordered the sausage with provolone cheese. They didn't melt the cheese so that was a little strange. The potato perogies are supposed to be a specialty of theirs but I didn't think they were very good. I was on a business trip and asked for an itemized receipt. The cashier had to cut the receipt roll to give me a receipt and it wasn't really itemized (it just said "dept. 1" for every item). It is a fast food place in the Terminal Market so I guess I can't expect amazing food, but I did expect a little better.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed February 5, 2019 via mobile

I’m in the process of hitting as many spots in the Reading Terminal Market ass possible.

The spicy Italian sausage with peppers, onion and tomato sauce is a must. It rivals Herschel’s Reuben as my favorite.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed November 3, 2018 via mobile

We were choosing a little bit from everywhere. We stopped here for some Mac and Cheese and it was very good

Date of visit: November 2018