“Worth A Stop”

By George! Pizza, Pasta & Cheesesteaks
Ranked #221 of 4,370 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Brick Oven Pizza, Cheese Steaks, Chicken Cheese Steaks, Stromboli and Calzones, Gourmet Sandwiches, Pasta Salads, Caesar Salad, Hot and Cold Italian Specialties, Eggplant Parmesan, Chicken Parmesan, Baked Ziti, Sausage Peppers & Onions, Fresh Home-Made Pastas (cut to order) Frozen Pastas as well as Marinara and other Incredible Sauces, Pizza Dough, Fresh Mozzarella, Antipasti, and Bake-at-Home Stromboli and much more. "YOU HAVE A STEAK IN IT" Our mission is at the heart of what we do: "buy one, feed one." With every Cheesesteak sold, we use a portion of our profits to feed a child in need. We're passionate about helping those in our local and global communities while doing what we love-serving you.
New York City, New York
“Worth A Stop”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Had a hankering for a cheese-steak as soon as I got off the bus from NYC. Heard good things about this place. I literally got the last sandwich and boy was it yummy. I just feel bad I wasn't able to finish it. It's so filling. Had 5 bites and gave the rest to my husband. Would come back.

Visited November 2013

Placerville, California
“Wow!”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Wanted a slice of pizza when we were told the cheesesteak was their specialty. So we tried it. It should come with a warning that it should be shared. Tons of meat, homemade cheese sauce, peppers, great combination. We are still talking about it. Made the other cheesesteak we ate look bad.

Visited September 2013
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Great pizza”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Recently grabbed lunch at By George. The pizza was very good, and the service was friendly. They had several yummy looking pastas that I would love to try on another visit.

• Visited August 2013
Baton Rouge, LA
“Great lasagna”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

The service was fast and friendly. The food was fantastic! I'd definitely go back. The lasagna was served over meat sauce and was as good as any I've ever had.

Visited June 2013
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“cheesesteak is tops”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I had a "By George" cheesesteak. Wow. I loved it. They include a large portion of meat. The cheesesteak was so large that two of us shared it. I highly recommend that you visit the Reading Terminal Market, with 80 food vendors. There is something for everyone. By George! Pizza, Pasta & Cheesesteaks is near the outside, near one of the entrances. Get their cheesesteak. The price may be slightly higher than at other shops, but the increased value and taste is well worth it.

Visited May 2013