“Excellent Tour - highly recommended!”
Review of Free Tours by Foot

Free Tours by Foot
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Free Tours by Foot is pleased to present "name-your-own-price "Philadelphia tours. These unique and entertaining tours will take you through many of Philly's most interesting neighborhoods. We offer a wide range of sightseeing tours to help you get to know Philadelphia. We also offer food tours, ghost tours and private tours. Get to know Philadelphia with local tour guides who have a passion for their city.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed July 18, 2011

Thoroughly enjoyed this free walking tour and not just because it was free! Jen, our tour guide, was excellent. She was very personable and knowledgeable. She provided lots of tidbits that went beyond just the historical facts. Although the walk takes two hours, it covers lots of grounds and is definitely worth the walk. They even have water and bathroom stops, if needed. You can give a donation at the end....they don't ask for one...but the tour is so good that you just want to give something as a THANKS. This tour is highly recommended!

There are newer reviews for Free Tours by Foot

Reviewed July 10, 2011

So the wife and I are on a cross country tour of American history sites. Our first stop was today in Philadelphia and we found Free Tours By Foot through TripAdvisor. We booked a 10am tour for two a couple of weeks ago through their website and FTBF sent me a confirmation email and also an email reminding me of the upcoming tour.

We met our tour group today and were greeted by Guide Mike. There were about 25 people in the group. At first I was suspect that this many people would dampen the experience, but Guide Mike was plenty loud for everyone to hear. We walked about a mile and a half around the historic district and saw a ton. As we strolled through the amazing parks and in front of Revolutionary buildings, Guide Mike shared all kinds of information, both common and obscure. His presentation was succinct and clear, and as I mentioned, his voice carried well. He also did a nice job of ushering everyone across the streets.

Today quickly became sweltering and Guide Mike tried to keep us out of the sun, but it was still plenty hot. We went through 2 bottles of water and a soda, and wished we had more. Bring plenty to drink if it's hot out - I pitied most of the group who came empty handed.

The best part of this tour outfit is that it's absolutely free - it is all tip based. We could have easily slinked off without paying a dime but seeing all the sites with a guide's expertise has value to me. For a tour that ran 2 hrs and 15 mins, I gave the guide $20 for the two of us.

My only suggestion is for FTBF to offer a child-free tour. I'd bet Guide Mike would also get interest if he offered an alternative history tour.

Reviewed July 9, 2011

My boyfriend and I came to Philly for a short vacation and wanted to know a little bit more about this famous city. Jen, our tour guide, was an amazing storyteller and had a really positive, upbeat personality. She had so many interesting facts to tell about Philly, our founding fathers and the monuments. I highly recommend this tour to first-time Philly travelers looking to have a fun afternoon!

Reviewed July 6, 2011

The Tour advisor we had was called Jen, she was super friendly and enthusiastic. great tour, she knew her stuff, would highly recommend.

Reviewed July 5, 2011

Jen was a good guide but the info was 80% the same as available on the signs and brochures. She was reasonably good at answering questions though, so if you are the type to ask additional questions, or just prefer guided tours to reading placards, it's worth doing.