“EXCELLENT FIND!!”
Review of Free Tours by Foot

Free Tours by Foot
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Free Tours by Foot is pleased to present "name-your-own-price "Philadelphia tours. These unique and entertaining tours will take you through many of Philly's most interesting neighborhoods. We offer a wide range of sightseeing tours to help you get to know Philadelphia. We also offer food tours, ghost tours and private tours. Get to know Philadelphia with local tour guides who have a passion for their city.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed July 3, 2011

Free Tours by Foot was the perfect tour for us. Our guide, Jen, was very friendly, enthusiastic and knowledgeable. She led us through the historic area on a two hour tour that gave a great overview of the formation of the city. Jen was very sweet to everyone and made the tour so enjoyable with extensive knowledge and cool stories about everything. BEST tour in Philly!!!

All reviews
"hour tour"
in 37 reviews
"italian market"
in 36 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 22 reviews
"great stories"
"two hours"
in 17 reviews

Reviewed July 3, 2011

We scheduled a Sunday morning tour over the 4th of July weekend and it was wonderful. The guide, Jennifer, was very knowledgeable of the city and its history and was very good at making sure we had time to take pictures along the way. We took this tour with our three kids as well as some friends of ours who had kids as well. Between us, we had 6 kids ages 12, 9,8,7,5 & 4. They all seem to enjoy the tour just as much as we did and didn't complain about walking until about the last 15 minutes of the two hour tour thanks to the little breaks Jen let us take. I highly advise taking this trip early in the day or early in your vacation so that you will have time to stop and visit some of the sights more thoroughly. No doubt this tour will peak your interest in some of Philadelphia's amazing historical gems!

Reviewed July 3, 2011

My husband and I had great expectations for this tour, having completed three in DC (and been pleased) and this one did not disappoint. Amy was our guide, she was nice and friendly. She said this was like her second tour I believe. She did a good job and I feel will only get better with time. Quite a bit was covered in this tour, and it all seemed to be pretty close together. I have no regrets.

Should we take our kids in the future, we will be sure to do this tour again. Thanks. Shonda.

Reviewed July 2, 2011

We only had one day in Philadelphia so it was important to get a tour that fit into our tight schedule. Free Tours by Foot was the perfect tour for us. Our guide, Jen, was very friendly, enthusiastic and knowledgeable. She led us through the historic area on a two hour tour that gave a great overview of the formation of the city. Jen kept the tour moving along at a moderate pace which allowed time for questions from the group. Very good tour!

See more reviews
Reviewed June 30, 2011

As a person with an extensive knowledge of Philadelphia, I knew that my tour guide (who I think was the head guide) knew what he was talking about. Not only was I very impressed by the consistent flow of the tour and the amount of information the guide knew, he was able to guide the tour group while walking backwards!! I felt that the guide was able to take all the different genres of Philadelphia history and explain it to the tour group in a cohesive and entertaining way. I very much enjoyed the tour, the tour guide, and was intrigued by the "pay as you want" model of this tour company. I would definitely go on the tour again and recommend it to any one interested in a great city tour.