“Wow what a gem”
Review of The Dandelion

The Dandelion
Reserve with OpenTable
The Dandelion is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 4,506 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 18th and Sansom
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Found this place a real treat. Have walked past and seen it but never knew. We enjoyed brunch on Sunday and returned for dinner Sunday night! We really like the food and the service. Brunch was terrific the English breakfast was very good as were the "queen Mary's" their version of the bloody Mary. My wife loved the yogurt parfait and the smoked cheddar omelet. We will make this one of our regular stops when staying in Phila.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,006)

Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

I went here for dinner last night, food was fantastic. The Heirloom Tomato Salad was one of the best I have had. I ordered the Rabbit Pie, and it was decent. My husband had the scallops and they were amazing. I did not have a problem with the food prices, but thought the drinks were overpriced for what they were. I don't care what city you are in, if you pay ten dollars for a glass of Sangria, it should not be a watery sugary mess. Service was excellent.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We love The Dandelion, we go every time "Restaurant Week" happens - also for every special occasion we can celebrate, birthdays, anniversaries - you name it. I love pate - but the chicken/duck parfait puts all others to shame. Even non-believers (aka my family members) were converts after tasting this parfait. We were literally elbowing each other over it. Every menu item is killer delicious! We like to do a 'family style' type of sampling and we have yet to be disappointed - every menu item is prepared with great care and thought. We shared a dessert that came with salted caramel, unbelievable. Even the bread comes with a side of fresh butter and sea salt. Just awesome and amazing, worth every penny. Delightful!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I had my first Dandelion experience this Saturday but it will not be my last. It was sort of one of those "all about me" Saturdays so between my errands, I had brunch at Dandelion. I noticed that like a true pub, the other patrons included solo diners, couples and families. My food was wonderful. While the menu included all of the typical breakfast selections (and they looked great whe the servers passed by with them), I opted for a spicy gazapcho and then an incredible terrine of fois gras, ghinea hen and ham hock served with a fig chutney, beautiful buttery mushrooms and delicious rustic bread. The prices are reasonable, the service spot on and the atmosphere great. The drink menu is extensive with lots of reasonable price points.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Wonderful dinner at the Dandelion last night! We were unable to get reservations but came early on a Saturday night and got a table upstairs. The four of us sampled a variety of cocktails: the Pimm's Cup, Scotch Honeysuckle, Dark and Stormy, and Bramble (like a mojito with berries). They were all delicious. The Pimm's Cup was very much like the Pimm's Cup we had in the Cotswolds many years ago - a very refreshing summer drink! We tried the deviled eggs; curried crab, cod, and chili cakes; butter lettuce salad; roast filet of Scottish salmon; and seared sea scallops. It was all delicious. We shared the appetizers to make sure we had room for dessert and ordered the sticky toffee pudding and bittersweet chocolate pot to finish off our meal. Our server was delightful and the rest of the staff (that welcomed us and came to the table) were very gracious. Would definitely enjoy coming here again and again!