“Great authentic british pub food in a swanky atmosphere”
Review of The Dandelion

The Dandelion
Reserve with OpenTable
The Dandelion is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 4,429 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 18th and Sansom
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Another great Philly treasure. Best chips (french fries for ya'll Americans) I have ever had! We tried the Fish and Chips, Steak and Chips and Shepherd's Pie along with Oysters on the half shell. All were delicious. Wonderful beer selection as well.

There are newer reviews for The Dandelion

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I went here with 2 friends when we were in town for business...what a great surprise it was! When you walk in the door, the place has the feel of a British Pub, but if that's not for you, it has 2 more floors upstairs that have the feel of being in a British home from another era. I think this was once an old home, because it looks like that inside. The decor was great but the menu was even better. I had the Bangers and Mash, and the chef takes his time making the sausage from scratch. My friends had the Fish & Chips which the waitress said was featured on the Food Networks show "Best Thing I Ever Ate". We also had a salad, foie gras, homemade bread, craft beer and desserts to die for. The Toffee Pudding was amazing, as was the "Eton Mess", a fruit and lemon curd compote with crunchy meringue. And if you're into cocktails that might knock your socks off, they have a list of interesting drinks that would make Don Draper smile. One was named "The Iron Lady", and it sounded very strong indeed. If I get to this area again, I'd love to go back with friends and enjoy myself again. Service was good too!

2  Thank honurider
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We were seated in a room on the third floor of this glorious old building. We limited our lunch selection to several items listed under Starters with the exception of The Lamb Shepherd's Pie which my friend said was delicious. The Curried Crab and Cod Cakes, 3 very small balls, were excellently flavored. I would have enjoyed a larger portion. The Duck Foie Gras and Pistachio Terrine was ok.
Our waiter forgot to serve The Welsh Rarebit we ordered. Perhaps it was a sign and we should not have insisted that it be served. It was a disappointing thick round of bread topped with a thin layer of melted cheese.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Came upon this beautiful restaurant - pub, had the baked trout and the steak, both were excellent and quite big portions. The fries were ok, a little greasy and tasted a bit of oil.
For appetizers we ordered the asparugus, they were on the small side but were very tasty.
Nice ambiance, it was packed on Friday night.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

A warm, rainy holiday Sunday evening in Philadelphia. We looked at a half-dozen places to eat. The Dandelion's building looked nice from outside, but we were thinking, hey, it's an English pub, how good it be? We circled a couple of blocks, then finally settled on it, sitting outside under an overhang to stay dry.
We were very surprised. The food was really good: smoked salmon trout pate, beef tartare, salmon fillet, washed down with a couple of large English drafts.
Perhaps the best thing was the restaurant itself. Once you go inside, you find more and more rooms, and higher floors, the atmosphere very much like an English club or townhouse. Very warm and inviting.
Note: I've indicated "scenic view," but that's mainly if the crowded streets and people-watching of Philly are your thing.