“Nice Sechuan Restaurant in Philadelphia”
Review of Han Dynasty

Han Dynasty
Ranked #134 of 5,104 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I enjoyed my visit to this restaurant. The place looks nice and it is located in a pleasant area of the old city.

We ordered the Dumplings in Chili Oil and the Dan Dan Noodles and both were excellent. The fried sausage and the Dry Pot Style were okay but I did not think they were that special.

I highly recommend this place. However, it is important to know what to order, as some dishes can be excellent but others not so.

Date of visit: November 2013

Reviewed December 4, 2013

Having eaten in China I can do without authentic - this is original, spicy, delicious and atmospheric. So much more on the menu that I would like to have tried. Great service, great atmosphere, really interesting food. Go to China for authenticity.

Date of visit: December 2013
Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

Food was pretty spicy but so good. Our server was very helpful in explaining the menu. Reasonably priced and the portions are great for sharing. Will be returning! (Went to the one by Drexel/penn)

Reviewed November 27, 2013

I think Han Dynasty is well worth trying if you have easy access to the city. If you are a visitor with only a few days, this probably isn't the place to try. People love to say how much they like the place, in part because they are under the impression it is more authentic. I'm not so sure about that. However, the food is a little different than the standard Chinese take-out fare, so it's worth trying for that alone. A lot of the dishes seem spicy for its own sake and lack particularly good flavor. However, I really like the meat in garlic sauce, which is only a 3 out of 10 in spicy. I got the 10 out of 10 spicy dish and didn't find it all that spicy. In fact, I think the 8 out of 10 might have been more spicy. So you can't rely on the numbers too much. The service is okay, but maybe a little inattentive. The quality of the food seems a little uneven, too. It's the kind of place that deserves a 3.5 out of 5. I'd like to go here a couple times a year, but that's probably enough.

Date of visit: August 2013
Reviewed November 24, 2013

SO people have been raving about this place to me and we finally tried it. It is semi authentic scezchuan style Chinese food, In other words, American style Chinese with the heat cranked up. They had a few true dishes on the menu. The food. our entrees were quite tasty. tofu and pork in spicy chili oil was great. Hot sauce chicken good as well. plenty of heat. Wife an youngest had pork fried rice, good not amazing but good. Started scallion pancakes good, fried dumplings too chewy. Wonton soup was nice, they actually used wontons instead of throwing dumpling in. As I said food was good.

Issue was service. We went Saturday at the end of lunch (1pm) Establishment as les than half full. We were waited on by three different people who constantly came back and would do what the one before did. Food was served in same manner so it came out all crazy )I know in Asian places comes at different times) this was not the case, they just did not seem to know who to bring it. Staff was nice but service poor. Woould we go back maybe for a special occasion as a cool place but for better Chinese we will stick to a couple of places in Chinatown.

Date of visit: November 2013