“Good authentic cubbyhole restaurant...”
Review of Han Dynasty

Han Dynasty
Ranked #110 of 4,446 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed May 19, 2013

A local told me about this place, and it is well worth your time and $$.
Its small, but the owners obviously love their art, and do it well.
Noodles and dumplings were some of the best I have had. Ask your waitstaff what you should order...it will be a treat!
Cafeful though, as their baseline for spicy hotness is pretty high, so if you are somewhat of a hotness wimp(me), ask them to tone it down when you order

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Well crafted authentic Chinese/thai fusion (my own description). More spicy than your typical sweet/MSG heavy Chinese, but almost too spicy. Good bang for buck. Good energy and great service. I wasn't blown away, but I felt like I got a good meal for a good price with service that was above expectations.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

We arrived on a Tuesday night and upon arrival we were asked if we had a reservation, which we did not. We did not, however, we would highly recommend making reservations as the place was packed within minutes after we sat down.

Our waiter was excellent and explained everything in detail so we had a clear understanding of each dish we inquired about. All of the meals that are spicy have a number in parenthesis in red after their name on the menu.

We started our meal with the Dan Dan noodles, and I believe they had a level 6 spice and they were definitely pretty spicy. We also shared a fish dish that had a level four spice but was also excellent. We were going to try the ginger duck but we were too full after our travel so we decided to skip another dish.

We would definitely return as the price was reasonable, and the service was excellent.

Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

Excellent servers. More of a noodle house than traditional Chinese food. Pretty spicey. You pick a spice number for degree of heat. Found it different but very enjoyable. Staff was accomodating and pleasant. Try Dan Dan Noodles the house specialty.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I went to the one in old city with my friend for lunch. In the beginning, I wasn't so sure when I saw most diners there are westerns. But the food was actually surprisingly good. I love spicy food. Even though this is not exactly authentic Sichuan food which requires more peppers than chillies, the taste was still good. It was hot, but in a delicious way. We ordered Dan Dan noodles, tea soaked duck in a beer sauce and dry fry beef. They are all very delicious. Price is reasonable.