“Looks are deceiving” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Han Dynasty

Han Dynasty
Ranked #119 of 4,317 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
pa.
“Looks are deceiving”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

My son arranged this reservation. I was not happy when I walked in as it was very loud. They took us downstairs which i thought would be an improvement; however, the ambience was very poor. The tables were covered in cheezy red plastic cloths with heavy see through plastic on top BUT the food and service were very good. So if you don't care about "looks," I would say it is a good place to eat. I would not go back because I do care about looks and noise but then I'm in my 60's. For young people, which the restaurant was full of, I think the experience would be much better. Also the main dining area when you first walk in looks fine - just not downstairs. That is reserved for bigger parties.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Denver
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Han Dynasty is ranked as one of the top Chinese places in the country and it totally lived up to expectations. It was delicious and well priced. I'd recommend the crunchy cucumbers appetizer and the garlic sauce. Careful - it is spicy!

• Visited October 2012
Carlisle, Massachusetts
“Authentic Sezchuan”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

I've never had such authentic Sezchuan before. The place looks like a hole in the wall but the menu is jumping with surprising novel choices well prepared and satisfying. You can tell, it's buzzing inside with a diverse crowd. Will certainly return

Visited March 2012
Lewisburg, Pennsylvania
“Fine food and fine service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

Listen up!!! When the menu states the dish is a 7 on a scale of 10, be ready for the fire!!!!! Nice menu. Nice service.

Visited October 2012
Havre, Montana
“Not as good as reviews had led me to believe”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

First, our waitress overpitched how much food we'd need to order to satisfy three people. We ordered noodles plus three entrees. Way too much food for three. She also overstated how hot the entrees would be. All of the dishes we ordered were mild, despite the menu indications. She also directed us away from what appeared to be more authentic cuisine on the menu. If I had been alone, I would have picked differently. All told, the food was fine but it wasn't fabulous.

• Visited September 2012