“"A good place to go for Barbecue on a Saturday night"”

Percy Street Barbecue
Reserve with OpenTable
Percy Street Barbecue is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #239 of 4,370 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: City Center East
Cross street: Percy & South Streets
Description: Percy Street Barbecue features dry-rubbed brisket, ribs & chicken. Meats are wood-smoked in our authentic barbecue pits & served with classic sides. A full service bar offers 100+ craft beer cans, bourbon, cocktails & a vintage jukebox. Eat in or take out. Now open for lunch on Saturday and Sunday!
Philadelphia
“"A good place to go for Barbecue on a Saturday night"”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I recently took my son to Percy Street Barbecue. I was impressed with the ambiance, the service and the food. My son had the brisket which was juicy and delightfully tasteful. I sampled the ribs and the pecan pie, all were great for a Philadelphia Barbecue restaurant. I especially enjoyed the staff who were very helpful on a busy saturday night.

• Visited January 2013

“A Rare Find in the City”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Philly is known for it's cheesesteaks but Percy's lets you know that Philly has more to offer. Alexa suggested we get the mac and cheese, cornbread, and Longhart (sp). OMG! There was so much good food that we ended up taking some home. The mac and cheese alone could have been a meal. Because we were celebrating our birthday, my best friend and I got dessert. The pecan pie and mud pie were melt in your mouth good. I'd recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a new place to try in the city.

Collegeville PA
“Wonderful BBQ”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We stopped in here for lunch one Saturday afternoon as we were looking for a good BBQ place that wasn't too far from the Wells Fargo Center and was good for kids. This place fit the bill, and we were so glad we decided to give them a try! Reading thru other reviews on Yelp, it seems like they recently changed their menu and maybe not for the better. Unfortunately we can't compare, but I do know we really liked what we had.

Upon sitting down, they bring out a jar of cold water, and once filling up your glass, they leave the jar at the table so you can easily refill yourself if you want. The water was cold, so no ice needed in the glass. They also bring out thinly sliced carrots and some ranch dipping sauce. I also ordered their sweet tea, which was just right and not overly sweet.

We started off with the mac-n-cheese, and I sort of wished we didn't just order one for the table. Nice cheesy flavor without the noodles taking a bath in cheese sauce. The bread crumbs on the top really made the dish for me. My wife and I quickly devoured up that small dish. For our entree, I went with the chopped brisket sandwich and my wife went with the brisket platter with a side of German potato salad. I loved my brisket sandwich, and it was chocked full of lean, smokey brisket meat. It was a bit messy to eat, but no worries. My wife enjoyed her sliced brisket as well, and it came with this toasted bread and onion jam on top. I didn't think I would care for it, but I gave it a try and it wasn't too bad. You only got 2 sauces to dip in and one was spicy--actually too spicy for my wife. The sauces are served in little shot glasses.

As I mentioned earlier, we needed a kid friendly place, and they do have a kids menu here. The kids also get a coloring page and same crayons served in a little bucket. Food choices for the little ones include chopped brisket slider, mac-n-cheese, BBQ chicken drumstick, peanut butter, banana & honey, hot dog, or grilled cheese. All meals are served with your choice of french fries or chopped salad and also include an ice cream sundae. My kids said the grilled cheese and fries were good, and they actually ate quite a bit, which is saying something because they are picky eaters.

Although we were full, we decided to go for dessert. Since so many people seemed to rave about the key lime pie, I went for that while my wife took the pecan pie. While the key lime pie was good, I actually thought the pecan pie was much better, and it was actually one of the best pecan pie's I've had in quite some time. I like it when my pecan pie has bourbon in it.

In short, we really liked Percy Street Barbecue and would definitely come back. Only slight downside is that it did seem to take a little while for the food to come out. For our lunch, we were there for nearly an hour and a half. If you find yourself on South Street and you like BBQ, check this place out!

• Visited February 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“All the right menu items for a BBQ place, average at best.”
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Despite a comfortable room, great service, and a solid beer selection, the food pulls down my overall rating for this place. Meats are dry and over smoked, most pronounced in the pulled pork and lean briscuit. Fattier cuts like pork belly and fatty briscuit are better, but lack that fall apart tenderness of great BBQ. The sauces save the day- i love the hot mess and sweet thang, but properly done meats really shouldn't require them. Sides are a mixed bag: beans are outstanding, collards okay, macaroni and cheese and cold slaw are under seasoned and unremarkable. I still go when I really crave BBQ, although I leave each time full, but disappointed.

Philadelphia, PA
“BBQ Done Right in the South - South Street Philly that is!”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

After visiting the car show we decided to go to a restaurant on South Street which was closed under construction. So what did we do? We kept on walking! As we walked in the cold, almost any place seemed to possibly full-fill the need for food and drink. I am so glad we were picky and didn't go in the first place we saw, we obviously knew we were going to run into Percy Street BBQ - best BBQ in my opinion in the area, and better BBQ than Dallas according to my boyfriend.

My favorite part was walking into a wide open space, where tables weren't cramped up against each other. Our incredibly friendly server explained all the options for Restaurant Week (what a deal! $35 for 2 - 2 apps, 2 entrees, 2 desserts!). I ordered an FM423 (vodka, peach juice, sweet tea) - delicious and refreshing. My boyfriend ordered a Hillbilly Gatorade (Pickle Juice, BBQ sauce, Miller High life) - not for the faint of heart! It mostly tasted like a cold soup - however if you like savory and salty, you would love it.

Check out the rest of my review with photos on my blog!

• Visited January 2013