“Great Food + Great Staff = Awesome Dinning Experience”
Review of M Restaurant

M Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
M Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #493 of 4,610 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Locust & Walnut Streets
Transit: The Market Frankford Line is 2 blocks away, at Market and 8th. The north south Septa 47 line runs on 8th Street, and Patco high spped line is one block away.
Description: M Restaurant is one of Philadelphia's best dining experiences. Whether you are seeking a romantic center city restaurant for date night, a pre-theater dinner, a wedding rehearsal or reception location, or you simply want a local restaurant experience, M Restaurant is your ideal, unique venue.
Reviewed October 26, 2013

My wife and I celebrated our anniversary at M Restaurant. We had an awesome experience. Our waitress made every effort to make our anniversary special. Additionally, they did a great job quickly bringing out each course as we had 8pm reservations at the Kimmel Center. We sat outside despite the cold weather. The heating elements kept us warm and the lights provided great ambiance. We started with cocktails and three cheeses which were phenomenal. Try the Tornado cocktail which is similar to an old fashion but with a spicy kick. The rest of the courses did not disappoint. Additionally, we were surprised with complimentary champagne to enjoy with our chocolate goat cheese cake to help celebrate our anniversary. Overall it was a great dinning experience that was very reasonably priced.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

The atmosphere in this restaurant is excellent, the service was very good. As for the food they offer mostly small plate items. All the food offerings were top quality but....The food offerings just were a bit different in terms of both the product and the preparation than my wife and I were used to. Two other comments. I had the short rib...Probably the best one I ever had. My wife had the trout. It didn't taste like any trout that we every had before. Also we brought a friend in a wheel chair. The staff could not have been more accomodating. Will we return??? Not if we can avoid it!!!

1  Thank Richard S
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Our reservation was for 6:30 and we were escorted to our table in the covered garden. The weather was soothing, as was our waiter Max. We discussed the menu and took several of his suggestions. We had the three course offering. This selection allows for variety and flavor. The carpaccio was truly flavorful and the seafood fresh and heavenly. Each dish had an excellent presentation and was warm and more than tasty. We lingered for 2 hours in the waning light and enjoyed the ambiance, the well prepared food with surprising flavors, and the waitstaff. Looking around, everyone else seemed to be enjoying themselves as much as we.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Bit of a soulless room, but the cooking was good. We did not get our first choice off the menu as the two ladies opposite had ordered the last of what we wanted! I suppose you are sure that the food is fresh, I would rather pick again than have a processed meal.

My husband had a tomato starter, which sounds boring, but he said was one of the most delicious he had had. I had stuffed blossoms again good. Two plates of lamb followed by a great cheeseboard.

Really good food and only had to go upstairs to our comfortable room.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Did not come for dinner but just drinks and jazz on a Wednesday. Jazz was great but the smell of fried food and cigars was overpowering. Service was slow and not so friendly. I would not go back to try their meals.

1  Thank TheRodg