“Emma's Cafe Is A Hidden Gem!”

Emma's Cafe & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Emma's Cafe & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #729 of 4,491 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 31, 2011

This small restaurant in Northeast Philadelphia is an amazing find for anyone who enjoys a high end dinner at reasonable prices. Emma's is a BYOB that offers a quality that compares favorably to Center City establishments that charge three times the price. In fact, the owner/chef used to be the chef at the highly rated Monte Carlo Living Room in Society Hill. My wife and I often order the incredible Bronzino ( a delicious fish that melts in your mouth), or their huge, tender Diver Scallops. The Italian entrees are also outstanding. When we want to dine on gourmet food for a dinner bill that totals less than $50, we always go to Emma's Cafe. By the way, they also accept Restaurant.Com certificates - what a great deal!

2  Thank Kenny_Vegas

Reviewed July 28, 2011

After several attempts to visit Emma's, we finally made it and boy, was it worth the wait! It is an intimate little place run by a very nice family- in fact, Emma is the owner's daughter. Our waitress was the owner's wife and she made some good suggestions regarding our meal, all of which we enjoyed thoroughly. The mussels in the white sauce are a must have- I would have been happy with just a bowl of the sauce and a loaf of bread, it was that good! My husband had the veal piccata and I had a chicken meal that had shrimp and crabmeat in a marsala sauce. The veggies were drizzled with olive oil- the good kind, and even the spaghetti in sauce was delish. (my husband said he would come back just for that!) This is a BYOB so next time we will come prepared for that. We asked the owner's son what he recommended for dessert and we were not at all disappointed in the choice he made- limoncello, I think it was called. So light and refreshing! They have summer specials of 50% off entire meal between 4 and 6 and after 6, buy one, get one half off. I cannot wait to visit again. I had a good feeling once we got there, that this might become a new favorite, and it definitely is!

1  Thank Tara70PHL
Reviewed July 21, 2011

Emma's is a tiny hidden jem in northeast philly's mayfair section. It's a newer place that the locals are still discovering and loving! Its a byob and there are often food specials. The food is top notch. They get the freshest, most delicious cuts and never skimp on quality. Absolutely delicious!!! If you are in the northeast, you must try emma's! Also, tripadvisor listed the average entree as $30. That is not true. Average entree is about $15 and there are always specials!

1  Thank hgonet