“A little to close for comfort”
Review of Barbuzzo

Barbuzzo
Reserve with OpenTable
Barbuzzo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #61 of 4,629 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Sansom
Transit: Broad Street Line - Walnut Locust Station
Description: Barbuzzo is a Mediterranean restaurant and bar located in the trendy Midtown Village area of center city. We serve small plates intended to share. With a wood-burning oven for pizzas & roasting, Barbuzzo’s menu features rustic, hand crafted regional fare such as: Grilled Octopus with fingerlings, roasted peppers & soppressata; Parsnip ravioli with duck ragu and roasted pears; Uovo Pizza with brussel leaves, guanciale, & truffle farm egg. Menu items range in price from $3 to $32. Barbuzzo has a full bar featuring Mediterranean wines, craft beers and cocktails. We have bar and counter seating overlooking the open kitchen available for walk ins.
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Loved the resturant and the Food...but even though I am use to sitting close to other patrons, this was a little too close. While I was ording our food the couple seated just only inches away was eating their salads. As they cut into their salads...tomatoes in particular they were squirting us in the face. Funny but after the 3rd time not so funny!

Reviewed February 27, 2013

We shared 4 different dishes, one better than the next. The atmosphere was nice and understated. We were seated towards the rear and we could see the chef cooking.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Wow what an amazing food experience. Small plates but not too. From the home made ricotta, to the best muscles I have ever had, lardo pizza that was to die for, bone marrow, lamb ragu, octopus and the most amazing desert I ever had salted caramel Budino.
Don't miss this place it is worth waiting for the reservation

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Dining at Barbuzzo's is a pleasure. The original menu is appealing and delicious. The setting is a little crowded and noisy though, so if great dining is your pleasure, this is it, but if you want to include conversation, this may not work well. The heart of the city location is a plus, too.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Boy its hard to get a reservation here, but well well worth it! The place is small and loud. Very simple and cute. Its intimate in its own way, if you like to practically share adjoining tables with strangers. The service was good, nothing spectacular. We had a very nice waiter and a bunch of random people bringing out the food. Not once was the food "introduced" or explained to us. Not a biggie. They had a decent wine list although I had a margarita. It was pretty amazing. Props to the bartender.
Food? Nothing short of spectacular!!
We had the bone marrow to share between the 4 of us. it was amazing as only roasted fatty bone marrow can be. Loved the crustini that accompanied it. One of the two bones had almost no marrow in it. We were all too chicken to speak up, but then one of us did. We promptly received another order free of charge. This time, both bones had plenty. I made a mistake of asking for some bread as I was starving. I saw the bread being served on other tables and assumed it was complimentary. After being informed that the grilled bread had to be ordered (2$) we did anyways. It was worth it. Grilled Octopus Salad was completely out of this world. I have never had better octopus. It was grilled to perfection and absolutely perfectly tender. I would order it again and again. We also split a prosciutto pizza and requested to have the prosciutto on the side. Pizza was very tasty and as good as any other "gourmet" type pizza. We didn't notice not receiving the prosciutto until much later.
For entree two of us had the skirt steak. It was very flavorful, grilled to perfection. My only complaint is that I would say it was on a smaller side. It came with tiny baby carrots, a very few of them I might add. It was drizzled with EVOO and some shaved cheese. My husband had Gnocchi. I was blown away. It was absolutely the best tasting thing in the world. They were just melt in your mouth little pieces of goodness. They were very square winch is something I have never seen. Also, I loved the fact that they were sightly almost charred. Just scrumptious. I kept stealing some from him. A friends of mine had something that looked like a ravioli stuffed with butternut squash. It was absolutely delicious. The sage brown butter that accompanied the two pieces of pasta was so tasty that I wanted to lick the plate!
The dessert was a given. We ordered two budinos to split and I really had to fight my husband. It disappeared within seconds. Just incredible! Although I thought the bottom layer was very simplistic, almost too much. It resembled crushed oreos. The complexity of the budino and the caramel layers made up for all of it.
Overall loved the place and looking back to coming again and again.