“My taste buds were in food heaven!”
Review of Barbuzzo

Barbuzzo
Reserve with OpenTable
Barbuzzo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 4,370 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Sansom
Transit: Broad Street Line - Walnut Locust Station
Description: Barbuzzo is a Mediterranean restaurant and bar located in the trendy Midtown Village area of center city. We serve small plates intended to share. With a wood-burning oven for pizzas & roasting, Barbuzzo’s menu features rustic, hand crafted regional fare such as: Grilled Octopus with fingerlings, roasted peppers & soppressata; Parsnip ravioli with duck ragu and roasted pears; Uovo Pizza with brussel leaves, guanciale, & truffle farm egg. Menu items range in price from $3 to $32. Barbuzzo has a full bar featuring Mediterranean wines, craft beers and cocktails. We have bar and counter seating overlooking the open kitchen available for walk ins.
Orlando, Florida
“My taste buds were in food heaven!”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We were referred to this restaurant by our hotel but we were warned that we probably would not be able to get a table for dinner. It was our first attempt to eat out in Philadelphia and I'm so glad we were able to get a high-top kitchen view to have dinner. This was the best place to sit (and also the hottest) because we were able to see some of the amazing dishes this kitchen prepares to perfection. To quote one of the chefs that prepared most of our dishes "there is not one thing I can suggest, its really all great", this was nothing short of the truth. There is not one thing my group ordered that wasn't great! He also suggested we get dessert, the Budzino. I'm not a dessert person but I ate every last bit of this one.
Days later we were still talking about this place:)

Visited June 2012
1 Thank divadap

Boston, Massachusetts
“Good food, relaxed ambience”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

The long thin dining area with an open kitchen running along one side is amazingly relaxed despite all of the activity. The restaurant has a well chosen beer and wine list, and a menu of small to medium sized plate perfect for sharing. My partner and I had the Burrata from Puglia, the Roasted stuffed figs (a special) and the Grilled octopus and calamari. Fresh ingredients are de rigueur in any decent restaurants; but the chefs at Barbuzzo make the fresh ingredients sing. The octopus was perfectly grilled and oh so tender, the burrata silken and the figs surprisingly savory and rich. Our server was attentive without being pushy or obtrusive. We had a wonderful time and will definitely return.

• Visited June 2012
NC
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed June 19, 2012

This was an excellent restaurant. The food was delicious, service outstanding. A neighborhood jewel.

Visited June 2012
Sheffield
“Fabulous”
Reviewed June 12, 2012 via mobile

What a gem of a place! Amazing food, delightful staff and a great atmosphere. The spiced apple bread pudding was a highlight! A must visit place.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Sad, really”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I think it goes in reading these reviews that most people are fairly pedestrian in their food tastes and expectations about a dining experience. The food at Barbuzzo is simply third rate, and i say that after trying numerous dishes. I will pay a lot for a delicious dinner, but I will not pay for poor quality food that is not well prepared.

• Visited February 2012