“Modern restaurant across of City Hall”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Amuse

Amuse
Reserve with OpenTable
Amuse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #587 of 4,339 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between Broad and 15th
Description: Amuse is a chic bar & brasserie in the luxe boutique hotel, Le Meridien. Chef Dan Black serves up traditional, French bistro fare including classics such as onion soup gratinee, salad nicoise, lobster bouillabaisse & extraordinary signature steak frites. The kitchen also cures all of its charcuterie meats, including veal violet mustard sausage, duck prosciutto & fruitwood-smoked bacon. The open, sexy & inviting bar offers a range of specialty cocktails carefully crafted and changing seasonally.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Modern restaurant across of City Hall”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I went here for restaurant week because their selection for restaurant week sounded very promising. The restaurant itself was difficult to find - since there no visible signs of it (it's located in the Le Meridien Hotel). Once we found the restaurant, we were seated promptly. The interior design is trendy and had soft colors. I definitely liked it. I'll recommend the Lobster bisque for the appetizer - especially on a cold January day. The lobster pieces were huge chunks and the bisque was rich. I've posted pictures of other foods we've tried on my other blog:

Another plus is the view on city Hall.. I'll definitely recommened this restaurant for special occassions.

1 Thank T D

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Awesome”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Every thing about this place was superb. Our party of four was seated and addressed without delay. The server was attentive and knowledgeable. Every menu item we tried was exceptional. Venison - outstanding. The veal was so succulent and yet I ended up taking a sizable portion home. The restaurant was spacious yet comfortable. It was a bit pricey but we were able to justify the splurge thanks to a promotional deal.

1 Thank buztop
Baltimore, Maryland
“Pretty Good Food, Awesome Service, but a little Overpriced”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

The food was very well prepared overall (the venison appetizer was delicious). However, I ordered a steak frites cooked medium and it instead came out almost well done. Although the steak had a good texture, it was, unfortunately, masked by the charred flavor instead. Our server, Michael, was amazing and made sure that everything was taken care of throughout the evening. Overall, we did not have a bad experience here, but I feel like my wife and I would rather try a new restaurant next time we are in Philadelphia.

1 Thank bmenano
New Jersey
“A Foodie's Paradise”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I can't say enough about this place. The food was excellent! I had the onion soup and then filet mignon followed by a raspberry/champagne sorbet unlike any I have tried before. The decor is modern and welcoming (including a cozy fireplace). I especially liked that the tables are not on top of each other, thereby allowing for private conversations while dining. The restaurant boasts a great view of City Hall. This is now my favorite restaurant in Philadelphia.

• Visited December 2012
San Francisco, California
“poor service and food”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

food was not tasty and prepared how I requested, so I could not enjoy the over priced food. The staff were not attentive to my needs as a guest and provided poor service to me through in room dining and during a coffee break in the lobby area.

Visited December 2012