“Won't be back”
Review of Liberte

Liberte
Reserve with OpenTable
Liberte is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #360 of 4,459 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: French
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 17th Street and Sansom Street
Description: Liberté urban chic lounge serving cocktails and contemporary French-inspired food in one of the city's loveliest settings.Gather with friends at the bar, Share an intimate moment in the lounge along the fireplace, or enjoy a meal in the dining area.
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Decided to try this restaurant during Restaurant Week. Service was slow between courses with waitress apologizing each time. The restaurant was busy but not so busy that our meal, start to finish, took almost 3 hours. They also did not participate with other parking garages for validation of discounted pricing.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We were looking for new places to try in Philly-we are locals. Although this is a hotel lounge/restaurant, it did have a decent looking cocktail and dinner menu on-line so we decided to give it a try this past Saturday night. The cocktails were quite good-no alcohol skimping and there is a large variety of wines and elixirs to choose from. Dinner was pretty average-it was above standard hotel fare but the executive chef is Jim Coleman so I had higher expectations. A nice treat is the Philly pretzel and mustard offered in the bread basket. Great idea to introduce that iconic food to travelers. The Mizuna salad was extremely small and not flavorful or creative. I had the whole wheat linguine with pine nuts and substituted parmesan for goat cheese. The portion is extremely small, even for those looking for small portions. I would estimate there was about 1/2 cup of pasta on the plate. The pine nuts somehow became soggy and everything just seemed mushy. My husband had the crab and corn chowder which was quite tasty. He had the filet mignon and it was again just nothing special. I did like that there is a healthy menu separate from the regular menu with a few items for appetizer, dinner and dessert. It listed the calories associated with each. I am quite health conscious and would have chosen from there but the choices weren't really up my alley. The regular menu is also limited so you may find yourself searching for the right entree. The service was friendly and attentive. Overall, it was just okay and I wouldn't go back. If you are from out of town, there are plenty of other options right in the area that would work better.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I was immediately greeted by the hotel staff in French. Seated for dinner and the thus began a wonderful dining experience. It was refreshing to see the chef offered DELIGHT
HEALTHY CHOICES (low calorie french inspired dishes). I tried the Sazerac it was just ok. So I switch to sparkling water and wine.

I decided to start with the Crab, Parmesan & Spinach Timbale, Followed by the ORGANIC SALMON TARTARE & cucumber wasabii. For my main dish I bite the bullet and dove into the FILET MIGNON with aged goat cheese, spinach strudel, twice baked potato in red wine reduction. This was indeed a fabulous meal and I savored every bite.

My only disappointment was Foie Gras was only offered in dumpling.

1  Thank dMoniqueRenee
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Liberte is just off the lobby in the Hotel Sofitel. There is a large, lively bar, and a quiet, comforting restaurant. The dinner menu is relatively small. They also have a current menu of light entrees, as well. We had a Ceasar salad, followed by roasted chicken and duck breast. Both were delicious. Good wine selection.

Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

Very trendy restaurant at the Sofitel Hotel. Nice drink list - creative martinis and drinks.

Menu is a bit limited...and the good wasn't impressive. Very small portions ( even smaller than the average upscale French restaurant). Taste was good but not great.

Less than impressed with the service.