“Great for Gourmet Burger and Beer”
Review of Village Whiskey

Village Whiskey
Reserve with OpenTable
Village Whiskey is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #89 of 4,611 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 5, 2013

It's hard to go wrong with Garces Group, and Village Whiskey is no exception. The Foie Gras burger was tasty and unique -- I haven't seen something like it anywhere else. Their pickled specialties are good, and the bartender gave me a good recommendation for a beer to go with my meal. Pass on the lobster mac - disappointing and not worth it. The place is small, so I'd recommend making a reservation.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Cons: very small space, wait can be long.
Pros: delicious burgers and nice servers.
We waited for more or less 45 minutes to get a table but the food worth it. The burgers are delicious, big piece of very tasty and juicy meat - I ordered it without the thousand islands sauce.
My friend had a chicken salad that was also very yummy.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

This place seemed small and unassuming, but I would 100% recommend it. I was mostly impressed by the food - a mix of incredible ingredients brought together for excellently cooked food. The menu is smallish and half burgers, but the burgers are incredible. The fries, as an example, were duck-fat fries. Unusual cheeses, lots of optional add ons. Even caviar (I think?) on the expensive burger. Theres a bar with an amazing range of whiskey, and a drinks menu that includes local and cask ales. For seating, there's some cozily arranged indoor seating, and outdoor seating on the side of the (small) road. Staff are knowledgable and attentive (reflecting the food and drink), and as unassuming as the outside.

Go there.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I decided to make an overcast day with on and off showers a little less dreary with a trip to Philly. After visiting the U of Penn Museum of Anthropology and Archeology, I decided to try Iron Chef Jose Garces’s Village Whiskey, which has been rated in the top ten of best burgers on the Philly Hot List, before doing a little shopping.

I am so glad I did. The burger was delicious and perfectly done, and the duck fat fries were amazingly good! Everyone around me was enjoying their meal and commenting about how delicious everything was. It may be small on space but it is big on taste.

It is within walking distance of Suburban Station and right next door to Capogiro Gelato Artisans.

Next time you are craving a good burger while in Center City, give the Village Whiskey a try!

Reviewed August 24, 2013

My wife and I went here on a whim. We had been to Tinto before and enjoyed it despite not being Foodys? Foodies? not even sure how to spell it. First off, this place is very small and the seating is very unorthodox. We were sitting in a very large booth with 2 small tables in it but it wasn't too bad. I am a large guy and i hung off a bit but it was OK. We started with an Apple drink and a One Legged Man. The Apple drink was OK and I really enjoyed the One Legged Man, it was sort of a more sophisticated Pina Colada. We sampled a few items from the snack/apps menu. The fried shrimp was good but was brought to life more by the mildly spicy sauce that accompanied it. The deviled eggs were good as well. The Duck Fat French Fries were amazing, so tasty. My wife ordered the pulled pork sandwich which she really enjoyed. I sampled it as well and liked it. I ordered a burger with cheddar, bacon, lettuce, and caramelized onions. The burger was juicy and delicious. My wife tried it and agreed. The ingredients in everything were top notch. Our server was very well versed in the menu and drinks. We would go back. We'd likely try the one in Atlantic City next.