“Blah blaa blaaaa blahh”
Review of Sugar House Casino

Sugar House Casino
Ranked #128 of 445 things to do in Philadelphia
More attraction details
Owner description: Located a mile north of the Ben Franklin Bridge in the city's Fishtown section, SugarHouse Casino is situated on the Delaware River, with beautiful views along its waterfront property. With more than 2,000,000 visitors each year, the casino features 1,606 slots, 62 table games, fun and unique dining options and free valet and self-parking. The casino also provides free transportation via its Sugar Express trolley from more than two-dozen locations throughout the city. In addition to hosting a variety of events each week ranging from live music, SugarHouse Casino is also an avid community supporter, sponsoring some of Philly's greatest traditions, including the New Year's Day Mummers Parade and the Susan G. Komen Mother's Day walk. SugarHouse Casino employs more than 1,000 people and for five consecutive years has been voted a "Top Workplace" in the Philadelphia Inquirer and a "Best Place to Work" in the Philadelphia Business Journal.
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Blah blaa blaaaa blahh”
Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

A very boring and low interesting casino. My boyfriend and I went to the casinos new years party (we are in our 30's) I believe the cost was $70-90 each. And let me tell you, ohh boy, oh boy , oh boy, I would like those 3 hours of my life back. The average age at this new years bash was eligible for AARP, tethering around the age of 65. This was not enjoyable at all, in fact one lady with a rolling walker and one lady ambulating with 2 straight canes picked an argument with me, and to my surprise, I argued back for a minute or so.
The casino is okay overall, event high there is no visual or auditory entertainment. Bottom line, I would visit again because I live 3 miles from the casino

1 Thank Leoraotr

New Castle, Delaware
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Plenty of machines and workers are very helpful.”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Good variety of different money level machines. Easy to earn rewards and the gifts are always nice. During the holidays they had a bus to take you to the Macy's Day Parade and thru out the year they offer free transportation to many different events. Wonderful.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank Kathrickde
Somerville, New Jersey
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Fun day time adventure”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

The Sugarhouse casino is an inner city casino. it s not a big casino but it offers lots of machines with lots of room between the rows. Seats are not attached to the machines providing lots of comfort for the player. It is easy to get to just off of I 95 north of the City. The slots are in good shape. Lots of machines for the penny slot player. There is a small high roller room as well.
The technicians are quick to address any machine problems. I find the staff to be quite friendly

My visits are during the daytime usually in the morning hours (9-12) and the casino is not too crowded then. I do think the evening atmosphere of the casino is much different then the daytime experience. They do bring in live music and I expect it is crowded.

As with any casino...remember to bet with your head...sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. It is all about having fun!

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Gar T
SJ
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Small but decent”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I like that they have a lot of different offers especially free slot play, parking is free, the sandwich shop has huge sandwiches for $8-9. They have some of the newer slots I play in AC.. The downsides are very smoky, not a lot of the popular machines, there are some of the folks that try and play 2-3 machines at once. And, usually the rest are filled so that is rude. The customer service is small, and during promotions the lines are ridiculous and unbearable. The security is good, and I have never had any issues with people bothering me or my bf. we go once or twice a month, and it is usually pretty fun. My grandparents go to, and the location can't be beat if you live close to Philly.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Littleray24
Levittown, Pennsylvania
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“A nice break from the routine.”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This casino is close to where we live, so we go there once in a while. It's a very small place, but the slot machines to pretty new. All of the parking is outside, but they do have valet. They have several nice places to eat.

Visited January 2013