“casino”
Review of Sugar House Casino

Sugar House Casino
Ranked #172 of 463 things to do in Philadelphia
More attraction details
Owner description: Located a mile north of the Ben Franklin Bridge in the city's Fishtown section, SugarHouse Casino is situated on the Delaware River, with beautiful views along its waterfront property. With more than 2,000,000 visitors each year, the casino features 1,606 slots, 62 table games, fun and unique dining options and free valet and self-parking. The casino also provides free transportation via its Sugar Express trolley from more than two-dozen locations throughout the city. In addition to hosting a variety of events each week ranging from live music, SugarHouse Casino is also an avid community supporter, sponsoring some of Philly's greatest traditions, including the New Year's Day Mummers Parade and the Susan G. Komen Mother's Day walk. SugarHouse Casino employs more than 1,000 people and for five consecutive years has been voted a "Top Workplace" in the Philadelphia Inquirer and a "Best Place to Work" in the Philadelphia Business Journal.
Reviewed September 17, 2012

as far as casinos go its the same old thing slots and plenty of them little else to do there is a bar in the casino if you dont mind sitting in front of poker machines no real eateries and the few places to get something to eat are average at best very diisappointed

Reviewed September 16, 2012

We went to the casino three times while visiting Philly. It is a very nice casino, one of the cleanest I’ve seen. The staff is always cleaning, emptying ashtrays in the smoking section and picking up trash. Although I didn’t have any beverages other than bottled water, I believe beverages are complimentary. The slots aren’t as tight as I‘ve seen in other casinos. You win some and loose some. While there one day, the IT system failed. We were unable to retrieve our vouchers, so the staff was going around to each individual to pay out cash. This took a lot of time. We were fortunate to only have to wait about 20 minutes before we cashed out.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

Load a high school gymnasium with slot machines and you've got the SugarHouse. Crowded, low class, no entertainment, just a money machine.

1  Thank Bonzo_Bifarelli
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My first time at the Sugar House Casino. Boy, was I lost! I took a trip around the floor trying to locate the nickel machines, you know, the ones with the cherries, bells, lemons, and bars. Well, I asked an employee and she was very nice and helpful. She showed me to the machines with the cherries and bars, took my ID, and signed me up for one of those "casino cards" that everyone uses to get free stuff. Well, what ever happened to the slot machines with the cherries, lemons, bars, etc? The ones that they have now are nickel and penny machines, but when you place a bet, it comes out to a quarter or a dollar anyway? I'm so confused! Used to be that you could be one or five pennies or nickels, but no more. I think that the casinos should have retro machines for us oldtimers...lol. You have to study the rules for these machines and you still have no clue what's going on. Reminds me of the old pinball machines that didn't have many rules...just don't tilt. Anyway, I long for a casino that has the old, simple rules, you put in a quarter, you lose, you lose a quarter. The penny machine I ended up playing lost 25-30 cents per play. By the way, I put $80 into the machines but ended up losing only $30 so I guess it was a good day. I will visit again sometime when I am looking for something exciting to do. Oh, and there is a free shuttle to get there from Center City.

1  Thank Younggrandma
Reviewed September 4, 2012

too small and never can get a drink, the dealers dress like they work at an underground casino *sloppy*. they are rude to the players. the comps are good but it's so hard to get any type of service there. only a hand full of table are open and always packed! this casino is like a shoe box!I've been to almost all the casinos around the USA and this one is on my dont go back list.

3  Thank Jennifer W