“Good Management = A Good Hotel”
Review of City Line Hotel

City Line Hotel
Ranked #80 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Good Management = A Good Hotel”
Reviewed January 19, 2011

I recently stayed at the North American Motor Inn and I had a delightful stay. This hotel is now under new management so there have been so pleasant changes over the new year. The quality of staff has been upgraded and now all the rooms have wifi and basic cable in them. This hotel is relatively quiet and quaint and the rates are extremely affordable. Under it's new management and outstanding customer service, I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is on a budget and is visiting Philly from out of town.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Modesto, California
Reviewed January 11, 2011

High speed internet
Room is clean
Nice view from the 4th floor - view of downtown Philly
Help staff from parking assistants to the maintainence person

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 9, 2010

Big clean rooms. Friendlly helpful staff. Good value.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Fort Mohave, Arizona
Reviewed October 8, 2010

I stayed in this hotel only for the reason that it fit in the budget with a flight and there was no heat for when it was freezing, the blankets did not help with the cold weather, i stayed on the 4th floor and while it was raining, the rain was leaking through the ceiling, there was no fridge, no heater, no shampoo, one bar of soap, the tv had limited if any channels, the climate control was just an on/off button for the air conditioning which didnt help when it was cold, there was limited sodas and snacks in the snack machine, the ice machine was on the 1st floor and the drinks were on the 4th floor and there was a chicken bone in the elevator and the elevator doors sound like they are broken. I did not mind the noise that was coming from the banquet room since i was on the 4th floor luckily for me i had my fiance and his friend stay with me and if they could they would also write a review about this place

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kilandra926

Travelers are raving about these Philadelphia hotels

West Coast
Reviewed September 12, 2010

One Dot rating is more than this motel deserves...

After a long day of traveling, when my business colleague and I tried to check in at 11 PM, initially they could not find our reservation, or pre-payment through Expedia.com. We also discovered that this motel has 1 hour rates, two and three-day specials that were less expensive than our supposed Expedia.com discount.

There are so many accurate, horrible descriptions of this location. To be clear: this is not 3-4 stars, as Expedia.com insists. They have not personally visited this property. The motel online photos do not correctly depict the location. We were given rooms on the 4th, a non-smoking floor that smelled of cigarette smoke. The room was dated and ill-kept. Of great concern were the vertical blinds that do not meet to ensure privacy and block light. One half of the window blind slats are not the same length. Lights had nonworking, or absent bulbs. The ceiling had water damage. The only place one can get wifi is in the cold lobby.

It was a scary experience and total waste of our time. We ended up leaving and checking into a 4-star downtown Philadelphia hotel at 2 AM. For video experience: http://bit.ly/b30gcl

Do not trust Expedia.com

Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank FactualExperience
USOneHotel, Manager at City Line Hotel, responded to this review, October 5, 2010
Our team here is very sorry to hear that you had such a horrible experience. We take great care in training our staff and management to ensure experiences like this do not occur. Our rooms are all pre-checked prior to any arrival on a reserved room by management to ensure cleanliness and proper working order of all the equipment within the room. We hold our housekeeping staff to the highest level of expectation and although our facility is dated, we pride ourselves on its cleanliness.
We have made improvements to most of our guest rooms including new paint, carpets and bedding. Unfortunately on the night of your arrival we were close to maximum capacity and our renovated rooms were not available for rent. This is no longer an issue as all rooms allocated for our internet clientele have been renovated. Our public halls have also recently been painted.
We would however like to point out an error in your review. We are not a 3 star or 4 star rated hotel. We are a 2 star hotel according to Expedia's rating system. We are not in business as a 4 star hotel but rather as an economy hotel in an excellent city location convenient for the business traveler and any traveler on a budget as most of us are today. Our rates are such that we are the least expensive hotel in the city of Philadelphia!
We achieve value in the following way:
1) We provide a clean, comfortable room
2) We provide 24 hour security
3) We provide an atmosphere of good service and courtesy
4) We train our staff with weekly training meetings and managerial reviews to ensure consistency in our service
5) We listen to our customer and responding to the best of our ability not only as we are here in this review, but with action within our facility
If you wish to speak with our staff further about your experience and to discuss how we may be able to make this satisfactory for you please call our Marketing Manager Bryan at our main switch board (215)878-3100. Thank you for making us aware of your concerns as it is important to our betterment.
Reviewed July 4, 2010

This facility was booked in 2008 for a 3 night family reunion event. My family arrived on June 24th only to find that some of the rooms were dirty and keys were given to rooms that were already occupied (security Issue). I booked 2 rooms and twice there was a problem. If I was a thief, I could have walked off with a Blackberry and laptop that was left charging in one of the rooms. Some of the rooms were hot, including 2 of the banquet rooms. After the first night when we came back to the hotel from our picnic (after 5pm) my 2 rooms were not cleaned and I was told that because I was given a special rate, the rooms were not cleaned daily, (however they were not cleaned at all during my stay) but I was given clean linen and told that I could change my bed. There were a lot of other negative things going on, but for the most part our family made the best of a bad situation and had a good time. Also some of the staff were pretty nice and I think that Al, the maintenance man was the friendliest and hardest working guy that I came into contact with. I wouldn't recommend this facility at all unless they make some drastic changes.

• Stayed June 2010
4 Thank toots1976
Reviewed June 21, 2010

I was in the Philadelphia area on business, and ended up at the NAMI. I admit I'm frugile, so when I heard of the weekly rate I jumped on it. The staff was friendly and helpful. The walls are thin, but the room was fairly clean. New carpets and the spread was clean. There was a mall strip mall across the street, and a gas station next door. There was also a snack and drink machine located on the floor. Don't get me wrong it was not five star...but hey, u get what u pay for.

• Stayed June 2010