“Do not even think about going here!”
Review of City Line Hotel

City Line Hotel
Ranked #80 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
“Do not even think about going here!”
Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

Low beds, no towels on room and none available in hotel until tomorrow morning between 8-9am; the dresser drawers do not open; mattress had red Kool aid spilled on it. The crisp sheets had a "foreign" stain on them; did I mention NO TOWELS? Parking lot was flooded to pant leg got wet and stuff in suitcase bottle got wet. No smoking room smelled like smoke; elevator went "bump on the night" rickety, did not feel or sound structurally safe; I almost forgot to say I didn't have access to towels until 8-9am; heat was on or off-no temperature control.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank CJKG

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Upper Darby, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 16, 2014

On Saturday, April 5, I went to the North American Motor Inns for a job fair that one of the staffing agencies put on. At first, I couldn't find the room where the fair was being held at. But then I asked some of the staff, especially at the front desk, and they were very kind and helpful to me. Even the room where the fair was held at was nice, neat, and clean.

I'd probably go there again if another job fair was held there.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I stayed one night. I was refused a refund when I realized how filthy, unkempt, and dangerous the conditions were. No way to adjust heat or cooling; I was told that the hotel is set on one temperature for everyone. The room was filthy. No working elevator to fourth floor, even though I was assured it was working. The elevator repair person was attempting to fix it, but it kept crashing. Window blinds broken, carpet ripped and torn up, no safety chain on the door, smoke detector wires hanging down, parking lot iced in and no way to get out, loud thumping noises from lobby all night. No way to sleep. Horrible, horrible. Please don't stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: There are great hotels in this area. Choose one of them. Even the budget-friendly hotels are good...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
5 Thank Debbie B
Homer, New York
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Don't Do It! It isn't worth the $70. Prostitute knocked on my door at 2am! No! I didn't call for one! Got in shower then discovered there were no towels, no wash clothes or bath mat in room. Tried to call desk, but phone didn't work. Heart patient, too tired to walk down to desk. Had to dry off with sheet. Upon check out, front desk clerk didn't demonstrate any surprise, remorse, sympathy, etc. This is the first bad review I have ever written for a hotel/motel, but they deserve bad public relations. Didn't even feel safe in room. Does not deserve one circle - terrible.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
7 Thank james s
Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

I am a month late with this review but I have to tell you how horrible this place truly is.First off this my last choice hotel.The marathon was going on in Philly and every hotel was booked in the city or $300 a night.My boyfriend and I stayed at the Holiday Inn express on that Friday night which was excellent great breakfast and a free upgraded room for a discounted price(couldn't beat it).But they were all booked up for that Saturday so we ended up staying in this hell hole.

We requested a smoke free room but when we literally opened the door to the room the smell of smoke was unbearable.It must have been all in the carpet.The drawers were all dusty and had a sign that said."Don't Open".The bathroom was nasty ground in dirt on the walls in the tub really disgusting.The buttons on the elevator were broke.Blinds were half off you could see right in our room.Mouse traps under the bed.We literally stayed out all day and didn't come in until it was time to go to sleep.It doesn't stop there , in the middle of me sleeping I hear loud moans from the next door room...God only knows what was going on.So paper thin walls added to the horror.This hotel needs to be shut down and then burned it was horrible.Stay out by the airport before you choose to stay here.It was a rip off and I will never stay here again.This hotel doesn't deserve 1 star.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Amber L
Doylestown, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed October 19, 2013

The room was filthy. The toilet had plywood over the tank. Was told the air conditioning was off for the season and there was nothing they could do. Loud music until 3 am in the "ballroom" thumping thorough our room. When walking through the lobby, security interrogated our intentions.

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank Janet S
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We were't looking for anything fancy,(we needed a place to stay while going to a party nearby) many of the "normal hotels"I called were all booked.ever go to a hotel and before I got of the car a toothless man comes to me and said "do u like air conditioning?" I should have known not to even enter the place!! U got scared going in those elevators. Also ever go to a place where the toilet bowl seat was half off??? The man fixed it right away and said I should be patient!! We went to the party and left the same night.u can't your money back( this probably happens all the time). Pay the extra buck!!! This was my first time I didn't stay at a "name" hotel & it wil be my last!!!!

• Stayed September 2013