“Worst Ever”
Review of City Line Hotel

City Line Hotel
Ranked #81 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We had one of our employees stay there from 6/18/13 to 619/13. The first room he got had broken fronts on the drawers, the TV didn't work (no wire) and the carpet looked like someone spilled something on it. The second room they gave him the TV did work, but the tub did not drain and the toilet was barely attached to the wall. We paid $160.13 (with tax) for him to stay there. Never again. Not even fit for an animal

Room Tip: Don't choose this one
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Pat K

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Checked in on June 14, 2013. Were staying for the weekend visiting family. While waiting for my husband, I looked out the windows at my surroundings. I think I may have witnessed a happy hooker, who to me didn't look too happy! I guess she was tired from working! Upon entering the hotel, we made our way to the 3rd floor. We put the key (yes I said key not a keycard) in the lock and.....surprise! The room smelled. My daughter had to go to the bathroom after traveling several hours. She came out and said someone forgot to flush! She got on the bed and said "Mom, won't be bouncing on these beds!" (This from a 7 year old who was celebrating her birthday). I responded "good, you don't need to!" Little did I know she wasn't kidding. It made interesting sleeping! The bed was hard as a rock! When we looked across the room, we noticed the dresser. Oh by the way, there was a sign that read:: NOTICE: Drawers Do No Open Use Drawers Under Television Thank You. We noticed there was only one wash cloth in the bathroom. When we went downstairs to the front desk (couldn't call them because the phone cord wouldn't stay in the phone), someone from housekeeping came up with towels. When asked about wash cloths, she indicated "we don't have them anymore!" Since we're getting ready to turn in, I needed to turn the blinds for the night (sorry no curtains). I noticed light was still coming in the window. Oh I see, blades are missing from the blinds and one is laying to the side. Parking is limited, very limited! It must have been Hotel Hell for real! Whenever I stay in a horrible hotel, I end up having nightmares! Thank God we only have until tomorrow. Needless to say this was the first.....and IT WILL BE THE LAST! Saving a dollar is wonderful. However this hotel leaves much to be desired. If searching for a hotel: RUN! RUN FAR AWAY! NOT WORTH THE SAVINGS! FIND SOMEWHERE ELSE! TRY A NEARBY PARK BENCH (Just take a pillow and blanket). You'll be better off! (Not unless you are being used as a practical joke!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank tlbanks
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Checked in this dump 2:30 am on april 24,2013 checked out 30mins later, the room smelled, the bathroom was dirty, hair in the sink and tub, urine on the toilet seat, smoke detector beeped the whole 30 mins, the air did not work, there was no soap, no tissue paper, the one towel that was there had been used, tried to get a refund, was told they don't refund, this place is the absolute worst motor inn that i had ever seen, I wouldn't allow my dog to spend one night in that place, called several times to speak to the manager, who refused to speak to me, this place needs to be closed down,

Room Tip: Go to another place if other hotels in the area are booked, find yourself a secluded place and sleep...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
8  Thank 150ctillman
Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

We checked in at 2:30am...room 415.....The first room was open,dirty with no air. ..My son and I went back downstairs @ 2:45 am.....and was given room 421 I found a bedbug. crawling on me then we found them crawling everywhere and we have video and then they said no Refund!

• Stayed: May 2013
6  Thank dawnmosley5
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This is the very first review that I have ever written but I felt compelled to warn the public! This place is a dump! We were on the 4th floor and stayed there because it was inexpensive for our needs. The room stank to high heaven and was dirty and dusty. The elevator had duct tape on it and creaked and thumped when it ran. One of two elevators broke while we were there. I had to call security 3 times during my extremely sleepless night because of noise and shouting and screaming in the hallway outside our room. But by far the worst part was the hourly activity in the room right behind my head! It was extremely graphic and very disturbing and I am extremely thankful that my nine year old son remained asleep. I however did not sleep for one lousy minute. I was able to walk down the Art Museum steps the next morning as a breast cancer survivor so I am grateful for that. Do NOT stay at this place! You would be cleaner and safer if you just bring a pillow and sleep on the curb out front. Oh, and the front desk and security sleep all night!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank Joanne B
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Royal Crowne and Hilton were booked and we thought... how bad could it be for one night? Well it was pretty bad. Thin walls and noise, holes in the walls, stains on the furniture and carpet. NO hairdryer??? AC did not work. Shower head missing (shower was a pipe sticking out of the wall. The good: staff was polite, sheets were clean and toilet and sink looked clean. This was the only reason we "stuck it out". We would not recommend this motor inn. We only stayed because we were visiting our son at St. Joseph's.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank toldthetruth
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I did read the negative reviews before booking. But I said to myself "$70 a night can't be that bad", and booked for 3 nights. I regretted my decision immediately after checking into this hotel. Believe me, this is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. The lobby, the elevator, the rooms, the floors, everything is really crappy in this place. The staff are rude, and they won't do anything except checking you in. Following are some of my experiences of horror at this place.

1. I checked into this hotel on a hot day with temp 90F. Once I moved into my room, I found that the air-conditioning was not working. I called the help desk, and they told me the AC repairer would come the next day. As I started complaining, they asked me to pay deposit $20 and take a fan. I didn't pay the deposit and didn't get the fan. In fact, there was no AC for the entire two night period I stayed there.

2. Everything in the room was dirty. The bathroom was really dirty. The furniture was crappy. The TV wasn't working. The comforters smelled really bad. I had to put towels on the bed to sleep on it.

3. In the second night, I saw bugs crawling on the walls of my room (I have attached some photos). And that's it. I didn't sleep and checked out early morning without staying for the third night.

This place is absolutely disgusting. I wouldn't stay here for free.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business