“Amazing, best tour ever”

Mural Arts Program of Philadelphia - Mural Tours
Ranked #23 of 74 Tours in Philadelphia
More attraction details
Owner description: Come see our amazing collection of murals and other public artwork! The City of Murals is now available for guided tours all year long. Please check our Tour Calendar to see the latest offerings open to the public. A mural tour is a world-class experience for the whole family and any group.All mural tour proceeds benefit Philadelphia Mural Arts Program initiatives. We appreciate your support, please join us soon!
Reviewed January 18, 2012

I was really lucky to have Sarit as our groups' guide of the Mural Mile Walk. She is really passionate about the program of Mural Arts, she gives a lot of interesting details and makes the tour very vivid. She is good at talking to kids and adults of all ages and backgrounds.
The tour itself is a remarkable opportunity to see some murals in the centre of Philadelphia and to learn more about them and their story, the program and the artists. It is a must to go!

3  Thank Kysenia

Reviewed January 6, 2012

Lots of people know about the wonderful murals all over the city of Philadelphia and many know about the trolley tours in the summer. But the Love Letter Tour is unique and available all year. It consists of 50 rooftop murals all painted by the Steve Powers in 2010. The "story" is that a young man is trying to communicate with his girlfriend who takes the "el" to work every day. The tour is on the Market/Frankford El, starts at 15th and Market and goes to 63rd Street. The tour guide and the group ride in the first car of the train and get off several times to see some of the murals better. You then return on the train. The murals are all word murals and most are quite creative. This is really special.

2  Thank jacquelinerose5
Reviewed December 3, 2011

I have lived in Philadelphia for over a decade and have always enjoyed our murals, but had never been on a tour. I finally went on a Mural Mile guided walking tour in November and am so glad that I did! Our tour guide (Ben) was informative, professional and made our jam-packed tour pleasant and interesting. He showed us 17 murals, along with a few 'extras' along the way. He knew a lot about each of the murals, answered our many questions, and conveyed passion for the arts in his communication. I left the tour wanting to know more and feeling deeper appreciation for the many ways that the mural arts program in Philly benefits our community. Thank you!!

2  Thank Erin J
Reviewed November 14, 2011

I am an international student from Ghana in Drexel University. I choose the Mural Arts Tour as my cultural activity. The Mural Arts Tour was the best three hours of my stay in the US. I enjoyed every bit of it. I learnt how the murals are made. Some of the names of the artists eg. David Guinn. The murals are a great to speak to people through art. It was fun!!!

Reviewed September 15, 2011

Four of us thoroughly enjoyed the murals tour, then lunch and a guacamole-making demonstration and a wonderful lunch at Distrito--two of us returned the following month for the Colonial-themed murals tour and lunch at City Tavern, which was equally wonderful! And we're taking a friend on yet another "Meals and Murals" tour on Saturday, followed by lunch at Llama Tooth--with a name like that, it's got to be an extremely interesting restaurant!

We'd recommend these events to everyone, whether a native Philadelphia or a tourist from somewhere else!