“great & frequent beer selections”
Review of Grey Lodge Pub

Grey Lodge Pub
Ranked #1,579 of 4,446 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

I have to admit the food is.standard pub fare which is tasty but nothing stellar. Drink more and that could change. That being my negative the positives are the huge selections of on tap beers. The selection can chage daily and they keep customers informed about upcoming events and what is inline to be tapped next. The place has a nice neighborhood feel. If you like to try new beers, ales and even ciders this is a must go to place to visit.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

The Gray Lodge does not look like much from the outside, but what a treasure once you go in. They rotate their tap selection every week, and a free sample is always offered to see if it is to your taste. There is always something for a serious beer devotee or just the casual beer drinker to enjoy. And if that is not enough, the pub grub is the best I have ever had in all of my travels. The cheese steak is one of the best, blows away the touristy slop they serve at Geno's or Pat's, if you want to let someone sample a true cheesesteak this is your place. And the fries are just as good...and if you want some privacy there is an upstairs bar and dining room where they even allow you to plug in your own IPOD. Go and enjoy

1  Thank CollsMTNesters
Reviewed December 3, 2010

Philadelphia is building on it's age old reputation as a beer town. The Grey Lodge was a place I had heard about for years. Today I had the pleasure of eating and drinking lunch there. When I walked in the door I felt a little out of place. I guess the bar still holds the neighborhood feel. Right away I was impressed with their beer selection both on tap and in the cooler. They have placards with descriptions and prices of their draft beers. The bottled beers are listed on the chalk board. I ordered their Lodge Burger with onion rings. It was very good. The meat actually tasted like it was hand formed ground beef. Everything was terrific. My only critique is that I mentioned the bottled beer I got for #2 was bad. This was after the bartender admitted not knowing much about craft beers but he heard it was good. They didn't acknowledge that I didn't like it. I think they should have offered me a few draft in place of it. The beer just tasted terrible...not like it wasn't my flavor.