“The greatest way to see Philly”
Review of DeTours Urban Excursions - CLOSED

DeTours Urban Excursions
Type: City Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Best Segway Tours of Philadelphia
Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely superb tour and so much fun. Our guide Mike was so knowledgeable and we had great fun. The best way to see the sights of Philly.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Went on the 1 1/2 hour tour with 2 of my senior citizen friends and as luck would have it, we were the only three on the tour with Mike as our guide. It was a beautiful day weather wise and one of those experiences I've always wanted to try and finally did. It was so much fun. The instruction session prior to the tour was easy and the trip was unique. Mike was funny, informative, and enthusiastic. You can tell he really enjoyed his job. We scooted around the historic center of Philly, stopping at various sites for some historical background. The time flew by and at the end, you feel like a Segway pro. They even take a group photo in the beginning of the session and present each one with a copy at the return.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

My husband and I went to Philadelphia to celebrate our 5th anniversary. We wanted to do a little sight seeing and this was a great twist! So much fun!!! The segways were very easy to use and we had more than ample instruction prior to the tour beginning. I never felt as though I'd fall and the sights were great! I'd love to tour every city I visit via Segway. Our tour guide was knowledgable and very personable. I'd highly recommend this to anyone.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Highly recommended. This was the first time riding a Segway for both me and my GF. It was WAY easier that either of us thought it would be. That may be in large part to our instructor / tour guide, Mike Ford. He did an excellent job at both. We did the tour mainly for the Segway experience, but, even though we're long time residents of Phila., we learned a bunch of new stuff about the city and it's history. Uncertain of how my gf would adapt to the Segway, we opted for the 90 minute tour. We should have done the 3 hour one. Oh well, next time!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Having lived in south jersey for nearly 40 years I visit Philadelphia pretty often. I took my kids (14 & 13) on the 90 minute tour with Detours. We had an awesome time. Mike the tour guide did an outstanding job providing details about the scenes and how to operate the Segway. I have to admit riding the segways was as fun as learning about the city. Maybe more so according to the kids! Definitely 6 thumbs up from my crew!