“Awesome tour, even if you aren't a tourist”
Review of DeTours Urban Excursions - CLOSED

DeTours Urban Excursions
Type: City Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Best Segway Tours of Philadelphia
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Highly recommended. This was the first time riding a Segway for both me and my GF. It was WAY easier that either of us thought it would be. That may be in large part to our instructor / tour guide, Mike Ford. He did an excellent job at both. We did the tour mainly for the Segway experience, but, even though we're long time residents of Phila., we learned a bunch of new stuff about the city and it's history. Uncertain of how my gf would adapt to the Segway, we opted for the 90 minute tour. We should have done the 3 hour one. Oh well, next time!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Having lived in south jersey for nearly 40 years I visit Philadelphia pretty often. I took my kids (14 & 13) on the 90 minute tour with Detours. We had an awesome time. Mike the tour guide did an outstanding job providing details about the scenes and how to operate the Segway. I have to admit riding the segways was as fun as learning about the city. Maybe more so according to the kids! Definitely 6 thumbs up from my crew!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We are Philly natives, but wanted to do something fun and outdoors in Philly; we had a great time and even learned a few new things about the city! Mike was a great guide! We did the 1.5 hour tour, but are looking forward to doing the 3 hour version sometime soon.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Fun and fabulous way to see the city, Mike our tour guide rocked it and knew the sights very well, best 1.5 hours in the city of brotherly love!

Reviewed August 30, 2013

My husband and I had three teenagers with us and we all had a blast! We went on the 1.5 hour tour but it did end up being longer. Our guide was very informative with the history of the area, as well as, how to teach us the Segway. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to try something a little different. It was definitely worth the money!!

1  Thank Dawn F