“Great way to see a lot of Philly if you're short of time”
Review of DeTours Urban Excursions - CLOSED

DeTours Urban Excursions
Type: City Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Best Segway Tours of Philadelphia
Brisbane
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great way to see a lot of Philly if you're short of time”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

My husband and I did the 3 hour tour and had a great time, it was such an interesting way to see the city. Our guide, Morgan, was fantastic, she made sure we were all comfortable on the Segways before hitting the road and also shared a lot of information about the different sights we stopped at. One thing I'd recommend is to take gloves as my hands got quite cold while steering. At times you feel like you're famous as you have groups of tourists taking photos of you. Would highly recommend this tour.

1 Thank Amy G

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun Time!”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

This was originally a gift for my 65 year old father; but when he couldn't attend, we decided to do it instead, and we're so glas we did! DeTours has great and knowledgeable tour guides, and they provide you with great training and make you feel comfortable. We were a bit wary about getting on a segway, but caught the hang of it quickly. We were able to see some great sights, such as the Liberty Bell, Betsy Ross House, and Christ's Church, among others. There's even a quick stop at a coffee shop near the Schuykill River to purchase some delicious food and drink. I would definitely recommend that everyone try this tour at least once!

1 Thank Ver0nica_A36
Fleetwood, Pennsylvania, United States
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Just can't say enough great things about this tour!”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I took my niece for the historic tour (3 hour/Saturday morning). Our tour guide, Alex, was fabulous; well-informed and full of entertaining information about each spot along the way. Getting used to the Segway was a piece of cake, and our 2 instructors really knew how to make us all feel comfortable. Alex was great at keeping us aware of traffic, pedestrians, etc., so that moving around in the busy city was effortless. We Had A Blast! The three hours flew by before we knew it. I highly recommend DeTours Touring!

Downingtown, Pennsylvania
“I would recommend this tour!”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We had so much fun! I couldn't believe how easy it was to learn how to ride the Segway. I am 63 years old, and went with my son and friend. Another thing crossed off my "bucket list". Our guide was fantastic and certainly entertained us with her knowledge of historical facts. We would definately go again.

Albany, New York, United States
“Such a great time!”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I went with a friend because we just wanted to ride the Segways. Turns out, we got to learn some fun tidbits about Philly too through our guide, Rasa. While some of us were nervous about getting on the segways, we were able to learn quickly through the confidence and teaching of Rasa. She really got us to feel comfortable on them. Had a BLAST.