“Homemade Italian food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Benjamin Franklin House
Description: Family-owned; outdoor seating; across from Franklin's Block; BYOB restaurant
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Homemade Italian food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014

A small restaurant, 5 minutes walk from the Liberty Bell Centre. I dined inside alone & was made to feel welcome by the staff. I had spaghetti pomodoro, which came with salad or soup to start with for free. The food I ate was simple, but very well cooked & also good value. I would visit again to enjoy their delicious, home-cooked food.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Katy, Texas
“For lovers of good Italian home cooking”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

We stopped for just a night in Philly went walking around and found this modest place where Brian invited us to try their food. Everything was made from scratch and it was gorgeous. This is a most stop for those who love great home Italian cooking.

“Inexpensive but not quality”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

This place offered free mimosas and breakfast for two only cost $10 + tip, but we found a hair in one of the meals, the eggs were overcooked and chewy and water had "stuff" floating in it. Staff was pleasant but slow. I would not return. If you're looking for low budget and don't care about sanitary conditions this is your place.

Visited May 2014
Pittsburgh, Pa
“Entusiasm!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

The host and servers were warm and accommodating, telling me they'd just won two awards, promising me a free glass of wine in this BYOB joint; unfortunately, they had run out. Ah, well. I ordered the steak dinner on special, the salad was delicious, the bread accompanied by a very nice herbed oil. Well, the steak was not up to the quality of the rest, it was medium rather than the M/rare I'd ordered, and the cut of meat was not up to snuff, gristly and tough. When I mentioned it to the server, I was not offered another entree, but I didn't insist on one anyway. The potatoes were excellent, and the vegetables were good. Not a complete bust, but I doubt I'll go back again.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
bethlehem
“Completely unsatisfactory”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

Strolling down Market Street we decided to take a chance with the temptation of a free glass of wine that was offered. Salad was just the right size and dressing were good. The bread was not of good quality more like a Pillsbury bake your own and a small piece to boot not enough for two and was not asked if would like another piece. I had the ORECCHIETTE E PISELLI ,reasonable price, the waitress spilled the sauce almost on my meatballs and not the ones on the plate and just a half hearted "I'm sorry" As for the main dish the the pasta seemed to be homemade as advertised, but the sauce was too watery, salty, and the pancetta was way under cooked. My wife went the safe route and had SPAGHETTI AL POMODORO with meatballs she said it was devoid of flavor and the meatballs had a grainy texture.

• Visited May 2014