“Delicious”
Review of Square 1682

Square 1682
Reserve with OpenTable
Square 1682 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #76 of 4,356 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 17th & Sansom Streets
Transit: We are convenient to all SEPTA bus & regional rail lines! Closest train station is Suburban Station (34 N. 16th Street & J.F.K. Boulevard). You will head west on John F. Kennedy Blvd toward North 17th Street, then turn left onto North 17th Street.
Description: The epitome of Philadelphian cool awaits you inside Square 1682, where contemporary design, chic urban ecology, and delectable dining, meets bright, bold, and creative takes on Modern American cuisine and cocktails. Adjacent to Hotel Palomar Philadelphia in the charismatic Center City neighborhood of Rittenhouse Square, Square 1682-in Kimpton fashion, has distinguished itself from the areas surrounding restaurants through presence, exceptional service, fine cuisine, and as Philadelphia's first LEED-certified green eatery and bar. Inside, you'll discover the lively exhibition kitchen where Executive Caitlin Mateo beings only the best of local and sustainable sourced ingredients together for masterfully created meals all day long. Using her culinary lens of American cuisine with world influences, the aroma of Mateo's cuisine immerses the senses the moment you walk in.
New York City, New York
“Delicious”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

everything was delicious and room service was great and timely. Even gave me a recipe of one of teh things I ordered. Collard Greens were AMAZING

Visited February 2013
Matthew R, General Manager at Square 1682, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Hi Tina!
Sounds like you had a great experience- and even got a great recipe from us! Hopefully we'll see you again in the near future!!

Matt

• Polish first
Brentwood, New Hampshire
“Great food”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Always interesting. It is not your average fare. Terrific service and comfortable atmosphere. The truffle popcorn is a must.

Visited January 2013
Hi Bill!
Glad you enjoyed everything! Hope to see you again soon- let us know when you'll be in again, Truffle Popcorn will be on us!

Warm Regards,
Matt
Philadelphia
“Good - Small portions - Service OK”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I was excited to try Square 1682 during restaurant week. If was nice that they had their regular menu available as the restaurant week so we felt as though we really got to experience the food. I started with the bacon wrapped figs which were delicious! I then had the duck- I thougth it was very good. It was a sliced duck and I guess I expected a crispy duck breast - I do not recall how it read on the menu,,But thougth when I asked the server for the skin to be crispy he could have pointed out that it was sliced and there would not be skin. I normally eat very small portions and rarely will finish a meal but finished the entire dish. For my two male companions they pretty much left the plates completely empty and I think they were still hungry. I think I would go back again but maybe for happy hour - they seemed ot have great drink and some app specials.

Our server was good but I think he was handling a large party that was pretty much monopolized his time and left us feeling forgotton. There was a very longtime between courses and our food was served by another person and our server did not check in on us very often- at one point I don't think we saw him at all for about 40 minutes.

• Visited January 2013
Matthew R, General Manager at Square 1682, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear JetSet36,
Sounds like we definitely didn't provide the quintessential Square 1682 dining experience that we are known for. I truly empathize and wish I could turn the clock back and make sure your experience was amazing- but let's connect next time you're thinking of coming in so I may personally oversee the reservation myself. We'll get back on track, I'd be honored to get a second chance. Feel free to email me at matthew.rafferty@square1682.com, or call at (215)525-9501. Hopefully I'll talk to you in the near future.

Warm Regards,
Brooklyn, NY
“Great place for a quick bite”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Great food - right in the Kimpton hotel. Very tasty, inventive food -- we all loved it (husband and 12-year-old picky eater). And I ate one night at the bar - great food, service, and cocktails.

Visited June 2012
Matthew R, General Manager at Square 1682, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Jeanne H,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent dining experience at Square 1682! I’m glad you enjoyed everything at the bar, we do have a great team here. If there is anything I can personally assist with, please don’t hesitate to let me know. We hope to see you again soon!

Cheltenham, Maryland, United States
“Service with food to match!”
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

George is fabulous as is the food he serves! This is restaurant week and George and the food treat me like I am the only diner here! Beautiful presentation, service and taste. My hat goes off to everyone who made this dinner delightful! The hostess was so kind to accommodate a single diner! The table beside me enjoyed their meal as well! I return again and again and am never disappointed!

Kathy,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent dining experience at Square 1682! And we LOVE your profile pic- looks like you have some VERY happy dogs! I’m glad you enjoyed everything and George took great care of you. If there is anything I can personally assist with, please don’t hesitate to let me know. We hope to see you again soon!