“Tried R2L for restaurant week.”
Review of R2L

Reserve with OpenTable
R2L is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #151 of 4,585 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: City Center West
Cross street: Between Chestnut & Market Street
Transit: Amtrak's Suburban Station is located 1/2 block from R2L
Description: One of Center City Philadelphia's most dramatic dining rooms, R2L sits 500 feet above the city on the 37th floor of Two Liberty Place. Featuring wall-to-wall unobstructed, breathtaking panoramic views that span for over 40 miles. R2L is a sophisticated and convivial gathering place where locals and visitors alike come to meet, entertain and celebrate while being thrilled by our bird's eye view of Philadelphia and world-class, creative American food. Our professional, warm and inviting service staff round out a spectacular and unique atmosphere.
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Tried R2L for restaurant week. I had the spinach salad it was very good. The rest of my party had the winter vegetable minestrone, both said it was too salty and the vegetables were hard. I had the r2l meatloaf sandwich. It was very salty and not much taste a very average meatloaf , I would not order this again. The others had the flounder with almonds both said it was very good. The toasted cinnamon crunch dessert (donut ice cream and hazelnut was outstanding. The value was OK, would have been better if the meatloaf was good, we did have the restaurant week specials.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Tonight I had dinner at R2L - very satisfied with the entire experience, certainly an up scale restaurant. It was restaurant week so there was a $35 prix-fixe meal plus wine. They had a 90 minute IPA on their beer list, so I was happy. Beers were $5-$7, but the wine was at least $12 a glass. Too rich for my blood.

Our waiter was outstanding, and the entire staff was very attentive and polite and friendly. Also, even though this is a higher end restraurant, it did not feel snooty - especially considering we were "Restaurant Week" customers.

The view was perfect tonight - our reservation was for 4pm and the sun set at 5:15 - could not have timed it better. The restaurant is chic and clean, very tastefully decorated, nice and quiet even though the design is open.

The table split 3 appetizers:
- Lobster ravioli, a nice plate of about 8-10 bites and good to share around the table.
- The truffle flatbread with arugula was also very good. Very fresh tasting.
- A chef provided an amuse bouche of corned veal (think corned beef) with blood orange and some type of feta cheese.

I also had the chicken liver and foie gras mousse marble rye crisps + maple miso glaze. Came with a radish and green salad that tasted good. Second course for me was red wine-braised short ribs crushed salt-baked potatoes + peppercorn jus. The beef was tender, though could have had a bit more flavor. The potatoes and overall presentation of the course was delicious.
A palate cleanser of mango sorbet and fennel flash frozen meringue was next up - again another excellent small bite. Finally for dessert I had the earl grey chocolate cremeux
grapefruit + cacao nibs. The candied grapefruit was out of this world - makes me want to copy the recipe for home.

I am very happy I got to come here for dinner - it was a tasteful night with good food in a beautiful location. I would highly suggest this for a date - some of the window seats are just breathtaking.

I would 100% suggest this place to friends. Well done!

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Had dinner at r2l. Its ok. Steak was good, not great. My martini was so strong it made my eyes water. For the money, I would not rush back, yet I cannot complain. It's ok

Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

First off the views are breath taking! The staff was exceptional and very attentive. The food from the amazing. Nice portions and we never touched the salt and pepper. The atmosphere is very sexy. We will go back.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

So a major reason for going to R2L is for the view...the place is 37 stories up above the city. However, if you are not next to the window, your view is obstructed by the reflection of interior lighting. So, I would have opted to go on a beautiful day to take advantage of the view.
That being said the food was awesome and a waiter was a major reason for an enjoyable evening.
R2L gets a 3 for value due to the inflated prices for wine. I am a resident in Pennsylvania so I am accustom to higher than average prices for wine in the PLCB stores. But, I was stunned to be charged $75 for a Pinot noir that retails for $22 in a PA liquior store.The view/atmosphere didn't justify the price list for wine choices. I certainly appreciate the thought behind the gift and did have a delicious meal.

1  Thank Stephanie A