“Good Service" DEBBIE"”

Ranked #75 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
North Charleston, South Carolina
“Good Service" DEBBIE"”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay on from 02/26-28/14. The room was very clean. I had all that I needed. From the housekeeping staff wonderful job Debbie. Steve at the desk for check-in was very friendly and service. After hearing all the negative review and was scared to check-in Steve ask me if I would love to see the room first that how I meet Debbie which again is wonderful in customer service as I enter a room on the 14th floor it smell fresh the whole time I was check the room out Debbie explain to me very thing in that room nice job Debbie and Steve see you guys soon.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Glen G, Manager at Penrose Hotel, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thank you so much for your review and we will be sure to commend Debbie and Steve for their service. It was great to hear that our staff delivered the service we are looking to create and create a culture around. The hotel and staff are all working very hard to make all our guest experiences not only a good one, but one that goes above and beyond expectations.

Glen Gilbert

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 19, 2014

The staff are all friendly and polite. I had to wait at reception several times while staff had long conversations with other customers. They were being more than polite they were having long chats while myself and others stood there waiting to check in on Friday mornig. Tinisha was very rude where did you find a front desk agent like that. no I will not return

Room Tip: if you stay ask for the higher floor
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank frank m
Glen G, General Manager at Penrose Hotel, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
We appreciate providing your feedback on our hotel and service. My apologies that you were not pleased with the service at the front desk or the pace of the check in process. We will review your comments with the staff and address your displeasure with Tinisha. Our hotel always strives to give the best service possible and perhaps in this case the staff engaged our guests longer than they should have considering that there was a wait.

Bealeton
Reviewed March 7, 2014

First of all Dee at the front desk is awesome(she desirves a five star). The guy at the bar also nice.Other than that only meet one nice person in Philly over two days. My room was clean no hairs anywhere. They are trying to remodel the hotel. I stayed on the 15th floor and went on a midnight "ice hunt"....like everyone else none to be found until i got to the loby. The elevators are old but work fine. It is only three weeks into being a Ramada. Dont be scared it is fine for a concert or sports event at wells fargo center. I thought Philly was rude and trashy place but the hotel was fine.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank James H
Glen G, Manager at Penrose Hotel, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Thank you for your comments. We will certainly give kudos to Dee for her service as well as the bar attendant. Sorry that your outside interactions with our citizens was not as consistent! My apologies for the lack of ice machines and are addressing the issue as best we can. Agreed - the elevators look old, but we are having them remodeled and they will soon look brand new. Glad we could change your image of Philly as best we could. We hope to see you soon in the future as you will be surprised by the changes on the horizon for our hotel.

Potsdam, New York
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Great value & location, clean & comfortable, read all the bad reviews & went anyway. Glad I did. Only gripe was an intermittent elevator malfunction. Would definitely go back. My heater worked fine, no complaints. Friendly staff.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Glen G, General Manager at Penrose Hotel, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Thank you for comments. We feel our property is a great value and we are striving to improve all the issues that we had in the past. I will certainly let our staff know of your positive experience. The one was elevator was indeed very slow and the company has been out to rectify the issue. Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at hostels that were much better than this 'hotel.' Besides the dirty lobby, the boiling hot sink water that I had to wash my face with and the breakfast which literally consisted of grocery items like packaged bread and milk jugs, it was the rudeness of every staff member that I encountered that made this one of the worst places I've ever had the displeasure of staying.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Megan E
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

The staff was really rude and careless. There was no cold water in the sink at the bathroom. The breakfast was a joke, just some toasts and bad coffee. The facilities in general are not well maintained. It felt like nobody care at all about the customers satisfaction.
If this hotel wants to stay in business has a lot of work to do.

Stayed February 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Believe all the other negative reviews and do not stay here! Like another person said the heat/air is on a motion sensor so my wife and i spent the night in a freezing cold room. Luckily our flight was early so we were on a mad rush to get out of this place.

Room Tip: Sleeping on the street would be better than staying here.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple