Penrose Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$222
$199
$197
  • Restaurant
Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District(Philadelphia)(Great Value!)
$292
$197
$179
$167
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square(Philadelphia)
$239
$235
$219
Doubletree.com
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Sure it's a bit run down and you can find plenty of things to complain about - in my case I had to hunt around the room for an outlet that worked to plug in my laptop, and the wife didn't have reception in my room. But what matters is that it was in the location I needed, it had a clean bed, and it was cheap.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We wanted a place to stay not to expensive but clean and this is the place,half an hour away from down town Philadelphia by city bus it was the perfect place, This Hotel is clean but would need a bit of renovation in the bathrooms. In all it was a good Hotel the desk clerk very polite
and very welcoming, the only major problem in this Hotel was the cold water (none) everything
runs on HOT even after letting the cold faccet run for a while, the best we got was warm so brushing your theet is quite the experience,even the toilet runs on warm water. (very strange)
The room was nice and clean for the price. If your in town for one or two nights it will do the job.

Room Tip: The Hotel is round,the view we had was good on the 14 floor looking at a stadium in the back ground and a highway on our left. Across the street a nice dinner for our meals.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Pierrehebert
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Location is very close to the Sports Complex and the Inner City. No traffic congestion. Easy access on and off I-76, and to the airport. Good diner across the street. Very clean, comfortable room. Cheap price compared to other hotels in the area that are close to the city. Did not use the fitness room or pool - can't comment. Suggestions for improvements - Hotel restaurant has small selection of meals - would have appreciated salad selections. Fruit was not served at the continental breakfast as pictured in the photos - I would have enjoyed bananas, apples or oranges. Thank you

Room Tip: Choose the city view side on a high floor. The sunrise and sunsets over the city of Philadelphia are spectacular! For no extra cost.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Donna R
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Stay here if on a budget or if there are no problems with completely average accommodations.

The check-in clerk kept rubbing her runny nose as she handled our paperwork.

Hallways needed to be vacuumed.

Cold water ran out in our room.

Hallways and lobby area were hot.

Elevator didn't inspire confidence.

Ice machine didn't work.

This is not the worst place ever, but unless things change it soon will be.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank StNu
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I was very pleased with my stay at your hotel. I feel that the hotel is underrated with 2 1/2 stars. The stars should be upgraded to 4 stars. I would recommend the Skyview Plaza Hotel & Suites to anyone I know who is going to stay in Philadelphia. Your prices are reasonable and was well within my budget needs. So thank you for your availability to me.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo