“Fine for the money”

Ranked #75 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
London, United Kingdom
“Fine for the money”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Sure it's a bit run down and you can find plenty of things to complain about - in my case I had to hunt around the room for an outlet that worked to plug in my laptop, and the wife didn't have reception in my room. But what matters is that it was in the location I needed, it had a clean bed, and it was cheap.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Laval, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We wanted a place to stay not to expensive but clean and this is the place,half an hour away from down town Philadelphia by city bus it was the perfect place, This Hotel is clean but would need a bit of renovation in the bathrooms. In all it was a good Hotel the desk clerk very polite
and very welcoming, the only major problem in this Hotel was the cold water (none) everything
runs on HOT even after letting the cold faccet run for a while, the best we got was warm so brushing your theet is quite the experience,even the toilet runs on warm water. (very strange)
The room was nice and clean for the price. If your in town for one or two nights it will do the job.

Room Tip: The Hotel is round,the view we had was good on the 14 floor looking at a stadium in the back ground...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Pierrehebert
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Location is very close to the Sports Complex and the Inner City. No traffic congestion. Easy access on and off I-76, and to the airport. Good diner across the street. Very clean, comfortable room. Cheap price compared to other hotels in the area that are close to the city. Did not use the fitness room or pool - can't comment. Suggestions for improvements - Hotel restaurant has small selection of meals - would have appreciated salad selections. Fruit was not served at the continental breakfast as pictured in the photos - I would have enjoyed bananas, apples or oranges. Thank you

Room Tip: Choose the city view side on a high floor. The sunrise and sunsets over the city of Philadelphia a...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

1 Thank Donna R
Little Egg Harbor
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Stay here if on a budget or if there are no problems with completely average accommodations.

The check-in clerk kept rubbing her runny nose as she handled our paperwork.

Hallways needed to be vacuumed.

Cold water ran out in our room.

Hallways and lobby area were hot.

Elevator didn't inspire confidence.

Ice machine didn't work.

This is not the worst place ever, but unless things change it soon will be.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank StNu
Brooklyn, New York, United States
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I was very pleased with my stay at your hotel. I feel that the hotel is underrated with 2 1/2 stars. The stars should be upgraded to 4 stars. I would recommend the Skyview Plaza Hotel & Suites to anyone I know who is going to stay in Philadelphia. Your prices are reasonable and was well within my budget needs. So thank you for your availability to me.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Msbrownsugar S
Wallingford, Connecticut
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I am no worldly traveler, nor do I expect much from hotels/motels ... a somewhat-comfy bed, a clean bathroom, towels, and parking. Of those necessities, all I got was parking. The hotel is a round tower with 15 floors and approximately 15 rooms on each floor. The hotel is located near a highway, for those looking to get on the road early in the morning, but otherwise the location of this hotel offers nothing. The decor is mirror-themed, and just about everything in the lobby is a mirror. When taking the elevator from the 15th floor to the lobby, prepare for a 3 minute ride ... and that is without stops!! The public spaces of the hotel are not air conditioned (hallways, breakfast room, vending areas, etc.) On a quest for the ice machine on my level (15th floor) I found a machine unplugged - the machine looked archaic so I didn't dare try to plug it in. The ice machine cove was the same on every floor, so my son and I began our decent to find only two machines in the entire building plugged in -- one not working, and the other working, however had an open top for all the dust, debris, and Lord only knows what else to crawl in. ALl of the other floors either had an empty space where an ice machine was to go, or a dismantled one at its location. When we reached the lobby (having gone down all 15 floors) we asked where we could find ice and the girl assured me that the "open top" machine was in working order. She summoned a maintenance worker to meet my son and I on the eighth floor to look at the machine. My son and waited for 35 minutes in the sweltering hallway until we called it quits. We returned to our room to take a cold shower not that we were sweating and .... there was no cold water. Not from the sink faucet, not from the shower faucet, and not from the drinking fountain in the lobby. I've heard of hotels having difficulty with HOT water supply, but this place couldn't even give us the free stuff that is supposed to come out of the spout!!! A complimentary breakfast was offered, however it was the cheapskate version ... frozen bread loaves from 4 months ago defrosting on the counter to be used as toast; mini muffins; and orange juice that was rationed by the manager of the hotel. He would come in occasionally with the gallon of concentrate oj in his hand, and rather than pour it into the juice dispenser, he would put enough in for just a few cups ... as if he was saving it for tomorrow!
I will NEVER stay here again and I urge you to find a better place, preferrably a chain hotel, because at least those types of hotels have standards that must be upheld.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

2 Thank Lauren M
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We arrived at this hotel shortly after midnight. When we got to the desk to check in, the woman was standing there having a personal conversation and made us wait. After checking in, we get in the elevator which felt like it was going to break down play any given time. Not to mention it was hot as hell in there. Once we got in the room, we discovered there wasn't a closet. No iron. No ironing board. The tv is conpleteky outdated. The towels arent even standars towels to wrap around you (and I'm a size 8) So because it was late we figured we'd just call down in the morning to talk about it. We went to bed. Got up the next morning to call downstairs only to find that the phone in the hotel did not work. When I called from my cell phone, the lady at the front desk answered after the phone ringing for about 6 minutes straight. When I told her that the phone didnt work, she simply said, "oh" then said, "well what else can I help you with" I said can we have an iron & ironing board. She replied, "no I don't have an ironing board but you can come down and get an iron" ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? even the cheap hotels have irons and ironing boards and will bring you what you need. Sunday morning we woke up to find that there was no hot water & you couldn't flush the toilet. Once again I had to use my cell phone to call. The mans response was, "we don't know when it's going to be fixed. Unreal.

This place is horrible! Poor customer service and completely run down!!!! Do not waste your money to stay here.

• Stayed August 2013