“Ewwww!!!!”
Review of Penrose Hotel

Penrose Hotel
Ranked #77 of 89 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed October 26, 2011

I stayed at this hotel and It looked ok in the front but beware they have a roach problem!!! I had to tie my bags up extra tight so I wouldn't take none home.When I told the front desk they just shrugged me off and that elevator had me saying the last prayer it had me scared.Ice machine loud as hell and don't work no water in a dirty pool(it was summer)I could go on and on Here's my advice don't do it!!¡!!!

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Lanelane81

Reviewed October 11, 2011

The ONLY thing nice about this hotel is the apperance from the outside. Went to take a shower and saw a ROACH crawling up the shower curtin. My ice bucket was dirty, the carpet feels sticky and WORST of all they have BED BUGS i woke up the next morning with 2 bug bites!!!! NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NIVEA S
Reviewed October 11, 2011

If you want to save a couple hundred on a weekend in Philly and spend thousands exterminating what you bring home, then definitely stay here. They know they have them, they'll play dumb when you call them on it, and they'll keep renting rooms. This place is filthy, infested and indifferent.

Room Tip: Dont stay here.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank patrick s
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Stayed here for one night. The personnel is helpful and friendly. But the hotel is dirty. Rooms are not well cleaned. Furniture is old. And wi-fi is only available in a noisy lobby. Price is too high for what we got.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank mallatrone
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Ugh! The hotel seemed okay at first. We weren't in need of anything spectacular, just a few clean beds to sleep in for a few nights while my fiance, his dad and his brother went to the U2 concert. We slept there one night and then the next day my fiance and I had bed bug bites all over our bodies (mostly clustered on our arms and legs - my face was horrible with a huge amount of bites on my forehead). It was absolutely terrible! My future in-laws were okay, but they were sleeping in a different bed and my future brother-in-law was on the couch. Needless to say after that mess we left that day and didn't stay the second night.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Naomi P
Reviewed September 6, 2011

Great hotel, clean, friendly, and highly recommended. Surprised to see so many bad ratings on here. wow.

Definitely would come back...well worth the price. Trust me.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Paras0
Reviewed September 2, 2011

It's cheap but it's also dirty, We had booked one bedroom with an extra bed but the room wasn't ready, The breakfast is really poor, served on plastic glasses, The elevator smells badly and it makes strange noises,Anyway we had a room on the 15° floor and we had a wonderful view in Phillie skyline. The hotel is really close to the bus stop to go dontown.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Travelers also viewed these Philadelphia hotels
Holiday Inn Philadelphia Stadium
#66 of 89 in Philadelphia
City Center East
Alexander Inn
Alexander Inn
#7 of 89 in Philadelphia
Rodeway Inn Center City
#55 of 89 in Philadelphia

Been to Penrose Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Penrose Hotel

Address: 2033 Penrose Ave, 2015 Penrose Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19145-5623 (Formerly Ramada Philadelphia City Center)
Location: United States > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Suites Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #77 of 89 Hotels in Philadelphia
Price Range: $67 - $120 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Penrose Hotel 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with bedfinder AG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Penrose Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Skyview Plaza Hotel And Suites