“Id sleep my truck first”
Review of Penrose Hotel

Penrose Hotel
Ranked #76 of 87 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed May 10, 2011

Not sure if it was blood spatter or vomit, either way, the rooms are gross and have your own security if you plan to stay.

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank teriann916
There are newer reviews for Penrose Hotel

Reviewed May 8, 2011

Disgusting is too soft of a word to use to describe this Pitt of a hotel.I'm not sure ho any body could have a good experience here. To the holiday inn we go.

• Stayed: May 2011
2  Thank Msgloves
Reviewed March 25, 2011

Arrived at the Skyview after being stranded at the Philadelphia airport. The shuttle driver provided some much needed entertainment, as we drove around and around the airport. I was checked in quickly.
When I entered the first room, it smelled of bad perfume, but the toilet was dirty and would not flush. I requested another room.
Room #2- Was freezing and had puddles of water all over the bathroom floor. When I called the front desk, they said they would send someone up. About 15 minutes later, a knock on the door. It was the shuttle driver with a mop! He cleaned up the floor, but could not find the leak. I requested another room.
Room #3- there was a do not disturb sign on the door. After I went back down to the front desk, they assured me that the room was empty. I entered the room, and everything seemed fine. Until, I saw the cockroach crawling across the ceiling! I immediately insisted that someone bring me back to the airport. They agreed to this. But when I asked about a refund, I was told only management could arrange this and they were gone for night. And they may or may not refund me.
On the drive back to the airport, the front desk called the shuttle driver. When he told them that he was trying to drop me off at the correct terminal, he was told to drop me off anywhere and to NOT go "the extra mile" for me.
When I called about the refund in the morning, it was not a problem. The manager listened to the problems and apologized.
So, the shuttle drivers and management were great. But I would never go back and I would deter anyone from staying here based on the lack of customer service at the front desk and the rooms because I never want to bring any bugs home!

• Stayed: March 2011
4  Thank AtlanticTravelgal
Reviewed March 21, 2011

My friends and I decided to visit Philly and stayed at Skyview for 1 day. We arrived there on Saturday morning and the receptionist was really kind gave us a lot of clues... and we left our luggage there he required a name tag with a code, because we were supposed to show it to get the luggage back. We came back at 4:45pm to start our check in and we asked for the receptionist (it was another person) to take our luggage she did not ask for name tags and told us to get into and take our luggage, so it was not safe we could take any one. We had to check in at 3pm we arrived at 4:45pm and no rooms available for us and no WiFi working. we waited for almost an hour and they provided a stinky room for us. We required a non-smoking one but it was smelling cigaret and we went down to talk to the helpdesk lady and she told us she couldn't do anything. She was very very busy and many guests arriving and other complaining. So, I asked to talk to the manager she told me he was in a meeting and ignored me for 30 minutes and then I was strong with her and told her that i needed to talk to him because we could't stay in that room. It was durty and stinky and the elevator and that hall and room were smelling cigaret. She added that the guests request non-smoking room but it is not certain to have a non-smoking room , so she admitted they have different points of view, the website and the hotel, what they sell and what they really have there. We had a problem with the driver who came trying to help his co-worker and treated us very bad told us that she was doing her best but she had a lot of things to do... Maybe 2 hours later we had our non-smoking and clean room. No WiFi at all, they didn't tell us about breakfast, asked for more blankets and they didn't have enough and the hotel is not that close and not that cheap to have so many problems. So, I think there are different stuff and when it is crowded it is worse and I think who says that didn't like there are telling the truth some are lucky and some face the reality. I will never recommend that hotel to any one, Because I didn't feel they care about guests there.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank traveller30242
Reviewed March 16, 2011

the transportation was great from the airport to the hotel, our drivers were safe and courteous, but the vechiles were in very bad condition, the steering was going, the vans made a lot of squeaking noises when running. The front desk was very helpful and nice. The rooms were run down and not very clean. The comforter had holes all over it but the sheets seemed clean. One of the towels in the bathroom was damp when we went to use it-was supposed to be clean. The room/hall/elevators reeked of cigarettes, even though we requested a non smoking room. It was like they put a non smoking sign in the room because we requested non smoking. We did not even have a clock/alarm in the room. The resturaunt/bar was apparently being "renovated" even though there was nothing listed on the website. There was also no breakfast service-atleast that we were told about, even though the hotel website states that there is. The elevators barely worked. I thought we were going to get stuck in them. The walls were very thin and we heard everyone that walked by. The alarms went off in the middle of the night. I would not go back or advise anyone to go back just because of the condition of the room.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank celtics86
Reviewed February 24, 2011

The Hotel was nice upon entrance, the people working there seemed to smile and were eager to help. The rooms were nice and warm, considering it was winter. Everything seemed to work fine, the beds looked nice. We asked for extra towels and they were given to us immediately. They provided us with everything a normal hotel would provide people with and with a complementary breakfast and free parking. The price of the room was really good, lower than most. Overall the hotel was pretty good.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank 123,103
Reviewed February 24, 2011

My wife and I were attending the Philadelphia 76ers game in Philadelphia and I noticed the prices at the Holiday Inn were a bit expensive, so I figured why not try out this non franchise hotel. I can assure you it was the best decision I made. The staff at the hotel treated me as if I was a guest in their home. The restaurant in the hotel was incredible, the food was cooked to perfection and I couldn't ask for a better meal. The room was in perfection condition and there was nothing wrong at all. Also, the furniture on the floor by the elevator was very unique and it looked foreign. The bathrooms looked newly renovated as there were granite tiles and counter tops. I can honestly say this is the most underrated hotel in all of Philadelphia, I travel to Philadelphia once a month and it was my first time staying here. From now on I will be staying here because it provides the best service and has the best rooms. I cannot wait to come back here again. !

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple