“Loved the South Philly Walking Tour”

Philadelphia Urban Adventures
Book In Advance
$33.00*
Founding Fathers Tour of Philadelphia
$40.00*
and up
South Philly Culture Tour Including 9th Street Italian Market and Magic Gardens...
$55.00*
Philadelphia Pub Crawl
Ranked #1 of 250 Nightlife in Philadelphia
More attraction details
Owner description: Philadelphia Urban Adventures offers unique and authentic day tours around Philadelphia. They range from 2 hour to 1 day adventures and uncover back streets, hidden gems, and fascinating sights. Step into the lives of locals, find out what makes the city tick, and and get acquainted with the local food, culture, and traditions of Philadelphia. A local expert guide will provide the knowledge and lead you through a fantastic urban experience.
PA
70 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“Loved the South Philly Walking Tour”
Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

We live locally and simply wanted to do something fun and unusual for the weekend. We also wanted to learn a bit more about our adopted hometown. Our family of four (mom, dad, two sons 10 and 13) met Chuck not far from Jim's Steaks. He took us for a leisurely, pleasant walk through a couple of South Philly neighborhoods. We stopped in at a few beautiful churches (Old Swedes was a highlight), toured the Italian Market (where Chuck made sure we got a chance to talk to some of the proprietors and sample some of the wares), and ended up at the Magic Gardens. Chuck was knowledgable, engaging, and seemed to enjoy his work as a Philly ambassador. Would highly recommend this to any native or visitor.

Visited August 2013

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Guide for Great Tour”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Josh was my friend Sue's and my tour guide for the 4 hour heart of South Philly (I think it was called) Tour. We could not have had a more knowledgeable or enthusiastic guide for this very interesting trek!! I was worried about keeping up with the pace. Josh was kind and encouraging and even carried my purchases for a while! He knew everything about the history and made it seem like he was teaching this content for the first time! Great!

1 Thank KTEF
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
7 attraction reviews
“Love the walking tour of historic Philadelphia!”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

We've done the historic walking tour of Philly twice, and were lucky enough to have Chris as our tour guide both times. We just moved to Philly this year and did our first tour to get to know the city. When my parents came to visit, they wanted a tour too, so we booked it a second time. Even though some of the material was the same, we really enjoyed the tour both times. It gives a great overview of the historical significance of Philadelphia, but fun and relevant, and ends at one of our favorite local brew pubs! I'd highly recommend this tour for anyone visiting town, or for anyone just looking to learn a bit more about Philly. We're looking forward to booking another Urban Adventures tour in the future!

Morgantown, Pennsylvania
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Touring Italian Market was Great!”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

We tourned the Italian Market in Philly with Chuck (tour guide). He was friendly and fun. He shared some history, some anecdotes and shared lots of his favorite places! It was so nice to have a native to Philly telling us the best places to shop and eat! He manged the crowds well, spoke to everyone on the tour and seemed truly excited to share his knowledge. The best part was Chuck taking us into various establishments and allowing us to speak to the owners and hear their stories of the Italian Market. We are local (about an hour from Philly), but would recommend this tour to anyone visiting or local to the area. It was a nice way to end our weekend in Philly. :-)

Lompoc, California
“Had a blast!”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I'd arrived in Philly for my class reunion and was just hanging around town until my friend got off work. My plan was to wander, and wander I did!

It was too bad that I found out about and bought my ticket for the walking tour so late in the day, but lucky me! I got Josh all to myself! We ran around so many historical sites as quickly as we could, beings that many places were about to close. Regardless, we made it to many places, had time to notice the little things that in a large group may have been overlooked, and had a great time!

I lived in NE Philly but never took any tours of this wonderful, historic city. I'm so glad I did.. it was enlightening, inspiring, and what a wonderful afternoon! Next time I'm there, I'll plan on taking a few tours and beginning much earlier in the day.

Oh, and a glass of wine at the end of our walk.. or shall I say our run.. was a great finale! What made it absolutely PERFECT was that it rained as I sat on the bus bench, awaiting the arrival of my friend (who was wondering what the heck happened to me!!)

Thanks, Josh.. see you another day!

Visited October 2013