“Very enjoyable tour of historic Philadelphia”

Philadelphia Urban Adventures
Ranked #2 of 253 Nightlife in Philadelphia
More attraction details
Owner description: Philadelphia Urban Adventures offers unique and authentic day tours around Philadelphia. They range from 2 hour to 1 day adventures and uncover back streets, hidden gems, and fascinating sights. Step into the lives of locals, find out what makes the city tick, and and get acquainted with the local food, culture, and traditions of Philadelphia. A local expert guide will provide the knowledge and lead you through a fantastic urban experience.
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We had an enjoyabe 2 hr walking tour of historic Philadelphia by Urban Adventures with Nina as our guide. The pace of the tour was comfortable. She ensured that everyone in the group could hear her well and was happy to answer any questions we had. A planned stop half way through the tour allowed for a refreshment or bathroom break if needed. Our tour was in early August. We came prepared with rain panchos/umbrellas as these tours are rain or shine and possible showers were in the forecast. The rain held off and we were spared the summer heat. The tour ended at a local restaurant/micro brew pub that we also enjoyed.

All reviews
"great tour"
in 67 reviews
"shop owners"
in 13 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 28 reviews
in 9 reviews
"christ church"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed July 31, 2013

We had a great 2 hour walking tour of the Italian Market with Bob. There were 4 of us, two of us did not walk as quickly. Bob tailored the tour to accommodate us. he took us into great places, we even got to see a pig being prepared for roasting.

Bob was a great source of history,both of the market and the surrounding area. he showed us some murals that we wold never have found on our own.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I have lived in the Philadelphia area for a long time area so I take the city for granted. I decided to take the tour that began at the "clothespin" (Philadelphia Soul) and covered quite a bit of area in center city. Even as a local, I found the tour informative and a good introduction to the Phila. experience so I imagine that a tourist would really benefit form the experience. The guide, Chuck, was very pleasant, willing answered all questions, and seemed to have a genuine affection for the city. I would recommend this tour to all.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

My husband and I did this tour with angina. Very informative. Nina has lived her entire life in Philadelphia and is very excited about the city I which she resides! Take the tour, you will love it!

See more reviews
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My family and I took two tours with U.A. while in Philly. We did the Italian Market tour with Arielle. She was excellent-informative, personable and accommodating. Her interest in and affection for her hometown and neighborhood was infectious and made our experience very fulfilling. We also did the History in HDtour with Nina. She showed us many important sights in the area of Independence Hall and some less well known but interesting spots. She was very informative but I could have done without her complaint about my family "lolly gagging"(they weren't). I understand she had a lot to cover in a short time frame, but we could have used more than 30 seconds at each stop after she stopped talking to take pictures. However, all in all it was a good value for the cost of the tour.