“Holiday Tour”

Philadelphia Urban Adventures
Ranked #2 of 253 Nightlife in Philadelphia
More attraction details
Owner description: Philadelphia Urban Adventures offers unique and authentic day tours around Philadelphia. They range from 2 hour to 1 day adventures and uncover back streets, hidden gems, and fascinating sights. Step into the lives of locals, find out what makes the city tick, and and get acquainted with the local food, culture, and traditions of Philadelphia. A local expert guide will provide the knowledge and lead you through a fantastic urban experience.
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I was lucky enough to be given a gift certificate for this wonderful tour. Chuck was our guide and was a Philadelphia native who also worked close to the city. He was very knowledgeable of the history and current "happenings" in the city. The walking pace was perfect and it was amazing to see so much in such a short amount of time. The best attractions were the Comacast Building, the light show at Macy's (formerly the Wanamaker Building) and going to the top of the Loew's Hotel to see all of Philadelphia , 33 stories high! I would highly recommend this tour to anyone before the holiday season. Thanks Chuck....

All reviews
"great tour"
in 67 reviews
"shop owners"
in 13 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 28 reviews
in 9 reviews
"christ church"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed January 4, 2013

I just moved out here a little of a year ago from the West coast and my girlfriend has lived here for her whole life but we both learned so much about the city we live in from this tour. I've taken tours in many different places throughout the years and this one was definately in the top 5. Keep up the good work and we will definately give you a call the next time we need an adventure!

Reviewed December 31, 2012

I grew up in Philly, but have since moved to Colorado where I met my lady. She joined me for Christmas and I figured a guided tour would be more beneficial than me simply pointing out historical sites. Our guide, Bob, was great. He took us around to the usual places and to some off the path places that I didn't even know of. He often gave us the choice of going inside or not as some places charged. He was also very knowledgeable and seemed to really enjoy Philadelphia's history. A few times, Bob asked landmark guides/representatives questions, which made us learn even more. I don't know if Bob already knew the answers or if he was just as interested as us. Either way, it was an enjoyable walk and Bob made us feel like he was simply showing his friends around and sharing his knowledge.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

I read all these great reviews when I chose Philadelphia Urban Adventures for my family's walking tour (we did the History in HD). We must have caught an off day because we were not impressed with our guide's level of knowledge of the sites historial contexts. I seek out professional tours to get interesting stories, trivia, detailed historical backgrounds of the sites, and in this case, I didn't finish feeling like I'd learned much. That said, our guide was friendly and the beer included at the end was a good touch.

PHLUA, Manager at Philadelphia Urban Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

We really appreciate the feedback, and we sincerely apologize that a traveler was disappointed with their tour. We have high expectations for our tours and for our tour guides, and we pride ourselves on providing a great tour experience. We'll certainly work hard to make sure these concerns are addressed for the benefit of future groups.

In this case, we offered the group their choice of complimentary tickets to another Philadelphia Urban Adventures tour or a full refund. We hope they come back for another tour and and we're confident we can provide the level of satisfaction that so many of our travelers experience each time they go on a Philadelphia Urban Adventures tour.

See more reviews
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Had a great time on this tour! I get to Philly often so I am familiar with it, and I still learned and saw several new things!
Trevor was a great guide! He knows his stuff and answered random questions as well. I highly recommend this tour and I look forward to doing another very soon!

We really appreciate all of the feedback from our travelers. We've had a wonderful season with the Center City Holiday tour and we're so grateful that people from near and far were able to enjoy the experience. We're always looking for ways to improve each of our tours, and we're already looking forward to a great 2013 season.

Thanks from all of us at PUA and Happy New Year!