“Good as NYC”

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: City Center East
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We've been to Pizzeria Stella before and wanted to go back again, the crust is as good as pizza I've had in Italy and the brick oven pizza places in New York. I have to say I grew up on home made pizza and am very picky, this is the real deal if you are watching your weight the octopus salad is nice.

There are newer reviews for Pizzeria Stella

Reviewed June 15, 2014

We've often eaten at Steven Starr's restaurants in Philadelphia even though we live in New Jersey.
Stella Pizzeria is a favorite of ours. No matter what you order, the food is expertly prepared; the help does their best to see that you are taken care of promptly and courteously; and the atmosphere is lively and fun. I highly recommend that you try Steven Starr's Pizzeria Stella for a truly enjoyable dining experience whether just visiting Philadelphia or if you live here! You'll return
for another visit!!

Reviewed June 6, 2014

I had high, high hopes for Pizzeria Stella after visiting two of Stephen Starr's restaurants in Philadelphia and Le Diplomate in Washington, DC. All three were excellent. Also, pizza is my favorite food. We ordered the margherita pizza. It looked good but unfortunately the majority of the crust in the middle of the pizza was very soggy. The fresh tomato sauce on the pizza was delicious but it could not compensate for the soggy crust. The chopped salad was also excellent. I am often in Philadelphia for family functions but will be looking for the best pizza in the city elsewhere.

Reviewed May 24, 2014

We enjoyed the thin crust pizza, both the margarita and the sausage both very good. Although it wasn't as crispy as i would like. When you pick it up it flops over and is a bit soggy.

Reviewed May 9, 2014

Always love a pizza cooked in a wood or coal fired oven. Stella's pie is quite good. Many different types of pizza but I prefer the Margharita (?) with it's fresh basil, tomatoes and cheese. Meatballs are also very good. The house wine is ok but the pour is small for the price.