“Was a great meal, and then dessert sent it over the top!”
Review of Amis

Amis
Reserve with OpenTable
Amis is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #136 of 4,445 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: City Center East
Cross street: Waverly
Transit: Broad Street Subway Line - Lombard/South stop. Bus C - Broad & Pine
Description: Amis brings the quintessential Roman-style trattoria to Philadelphia’s Center City neighborhood. Opened in 2010 by Vetri Family partners Jeff Benjamin and Chefs Marc Vetri, Brad Spence and Jeff Michaud, Amis has cemented its place as one of the city’s premier dining destinations, garnering high praise from such publications as the Philadelphia Inquirer (three-out-of-four-bells) and Bon Appetit magazine (“Top 10 Places for Pasta in the U.S.”), and from the crowds of regular guests who pack its dining room nightly for dinner and weekends for brunch. Lively, comfortable and convivial, dining at Amis is perfect for a variety of occasions, boasting a share-plates menu of house-made pasta, salumi, farm-fresh meats and peak seasonal vegetable dishes, perfect for sharing while celebrating with friends and family, or a meal out with someone special. Be sure to ask about our “Beast of Amis” menu too. These special dishes feature whole animals—birds, hogs, fish and even full sides of beef.
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I dined here with a business colleague on her recommendation. Man, was this an excellent meal. I love the small plates, as I got to try a little of everything.

We had (as pictured): Salume Platter, Baked Pecorino, Tagliatelle with Bacon & Root Vegetables, and Salted Butter Sundae with Maple Syrup and Pears

Really. Stop what you're doing and go get the sundae. You're welcome.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Had a late dinner here recently...ugly night, pouring rain, but this was spot cozy, friendly, and full of energy. Servers very helpful, food was excellent. They had some good specials, and I ordered, particularly after seeing my neighbors get the same thing, and I was not disappointed. Easy to recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Restaurant was close to our hotel. It is a slimmed down version of Vestri (owned by same people) and the food was excellent. Very creative pasta dishes. Service was prompt and friendly. The house wine was surprisingly good and reasonably priced.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We ate here on a Saturday night after hearing that their head chef, Brad Spence, was a James Beard nominee. We arrived 30 minutes before our reservation (traffic was lighter than expected), but they were very accomodating and had us seated in 10 min. Our waiter was very knowlegable, the menu was impressive. Definitely a rustic feel to the place and food. Nice wine selection, and you could order pretty much anything by the glass. Their pasta is out of this world! And we would recommend the bufala ricotta bruschetta. The prices were reasonable also- for 2 appetizers, 3 glasses of wine, 2 entrees and dessert, the total was about $130. That's awesome in our book. The tiniest drawback, it was a bit loud and crowded, but really, wouldn't you be concerned if it wasn't busy on a Saturday night? We will definitely be back!

Reviewed May 27, 2013

I recently joined a colleague for dinner here, realizing after we arrived that I had booked on Open Table for the wrong night (my mistake). Despite this, the staff were gracious and accommodated us. The service is informal and fun, very engaging. There is a fried cauliflower appetizer that is fantastic, and I had the most artfully prepared monkfish I've even eaten (easy to mess up by under- or over-cooking). This is a bit off the beaten track for conventioneers but well worth the short walk down 13th Street.