“Best vegan/vegetarian food so far in Philly”
Review of Vietnam Palace

Vietnam Palace
Ranked #640 of 4,405 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: City Center East
Glens Falls, New York
“Best vegan/vegetarian food so far in Philly”
Reviewed March 30, 2012

Hi,
This was my number ONE resturant in Philly. LOVE the food. It is similar to chinese but instead of heavy brown sauces i found crisp tender veggies with a light sauce that enhances the flavors of the dish. Really a wonderful resturant. If I lived in Philly, I would make sure my house was close to this place. I might even consider closing my kitchen a couple nights a week. Really great food.

Sometimes when i am unsure about a menu, i just order what i want. I tried that here. I wanted one of their dishes with a different sauce (i wanted curray) The waiter actually shuttered... lol.. I had never seen that before.... too funny.... so i just went with the menu item as stated. I was happy I did.

• Visited March 2012

Yardley, PA
“OK food, best Spring Rolls ever!”
Reviewed March 29, 2012

We've been coming here for years, and they make the best Spring Rolls on earth! Really great. Atmosphere and service are always great as well, and the prices very reasonable. However, twice after eating here I was sick...and the last time, the meat in my dish tasted odd, might have been spoiled, I only ate a few pieces of it, but was quite ill within an hour.
Unfortunately that was our last visit.

• Visited March 2012
suburban Washington DC
“Close to hotel, pleasant place”
Reviewed March 14, 2012

We went to the restaurant late and tired after a day at the Philadelphia Flower show. Given a table right away. Good food and pleasant service. Good value

Visited March 2012
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
“Worth Waiting Pho”
Reviewed January 8, 2012

Philadelphia has wonderful restaurants.

Philly has a wonderful variety of restaurants and cuisines and the Chinatown section of the City has always been a fun place to explore restaurants.

On 11th Street you will find an absolute gem, The Vietnam Palace. Friends recommended this place to us years ago and we visit "The Palace" several times a year. Their soups (Pho) are flavorful and with a subtle array of spices that your taste memory will recall the rest of the week. Their noodle and broken rice dishes are fabulous as well.

The decor is "EuroAsian" and the waitstaff treats every diner as if you were a family member. Terrific food, great waiters and the warmth of family ... what else can you ask for?

We have eaten in many other "authentic" Vietnamese restaurants across the city and the country (including the pleasant "Vietnam" right across the street!), but find very few that even come close to the magic that is the Vietnam Palace.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank mbreggar
Malvern, Pennsylvania
“Lucky surprise!”
Reviewed January 6, 2012

In Chinatown there are great restaurants and then there are all the others...Vietnam Palace was our lucky surprise. What nice people and the food was healthy and delicious with classic dishes prepared "to order" on an extensive menu. Truly fresh ingredients on the plate! Broths and sauces were rich and flavors were unique. Big bottle of Sriracha on the table for enthusiasts of the super hot!

My Satay appetizer was a create-your-own spring roll with fillings of mint, vegetables and sweet cooked beef sprinkled with peanuts. The hostess graciously showed me how to "cook" the wrapper in a bowl of hot water and fill it and create a tidy roll. Fun to share!

Main course for lunch was a beef broth bowl with noodles. The stock was amazingly rich like an oxtail broth and just spicy enough to create a hearty, hot soup. Fresh vegetables added at the table quick cooked in the steaming soup. Yum! And so healthy!

For decor, the place is super clean with plenty of leg room. Loved the campy scene: kind of a Vietnamese tiki bar concept with these ceiling high waterfalls behind etched glass images. There is a bar and they do banquets up the purple-lit stairs. You could afford to bring the whole family here and not worry about the check! Very near the Convention Center for a convenient lunch, too.

• Visited January 2012