“Place was amazing”

Paesano's Philly Style Sandwiches
Ranked #173 of 4,611 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed June 23, 2013

The staff was polite and fast. The food was out of this world. Not only was the food great but the portion size was big as well. I will go back every time I am in Philly.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

They say good things come in small packages. Well, that is an understatement for Paesano's Philly Style Sandwiches. This was one of our planned meals for our trip to Philly. Forget about Pat's and Geno's. I've had 10x better in Michigan. This small place had gigantic, perfectly paired flavors in each of the sandwiches that we enjoyed. The Gustaio with lamb sausage was a perfect combination of sweet and savory, earthy lamb, sweet cherry moutard, creamy gorgonzola and peppery arugula, crazy delicious! The Zawzeech was equally incredible with its slightly spicy italian sausage accompanied by, what tasted like, an all day, homemade sauce, carmelized peppers and onions and sharp provolone. It was like a party in your mouth. Eventhough we went for the pork, we left knowing that it too would have been out of site. The guys were equally fabulous. Wish this place was in Michigan.

1  Thank Liz T
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

My husband, daughter, and I tried 3 different sanwiches. The Gustaio was AMAZing. We sat outside where there were tables. No public bathrooms, but the worker was nice enough to let me go. NOT a tourist trap. Lots of locals picking up sanwiches and taking woth them. This location has a limited menu than what is shown online.

2  Thank travelnowwithkid
Reviewed May 25, 2013

This is my second visit to philly, and the first time I came I was so disappointed by Geno's and Pat's. This time, I used tripadvisor to hopefully find a great place, and it worked! This place wasn't too crowded, the workers had great personality, and the food was unique and awesome. I was a little scared when I saw the menu, but I ordered a Diavlo sandwhich and it was THE BOMB! I want to go back and try another sub, it was that good!

1  Thank Lindsey S
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is a hole in the wall place with some bar seating at the counter and outdoor seating during the summer. The staff is "real" and quite friendly people. The sandwiches are just out of this world. The ingredients are not only fresh but the combinations of ingredients are quite inventive and simply genuis. Not only was this the best meal I had in Philly but possibly the best sandwich that I've ever eaten...possibly even better than Katz' Deli though that is a Jewish deli style sandwich place. However, at only ten dollars including a nice bottle of gourmet soda, this makes it half the price of a meal at Katz' and obviously a better deal.

1  Thank Max D