“One of my all-time favorite sandwich spots”

Paesano's Philly Style Sandwiches
Ranked #332 of 4,342 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Takeout
Acton, Massachusetts
“One of my all-time favorite sandwich spots”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

After an afternoon at the Barnes Exhibit with my ladyfriend and her 94 year-old grandmother, we stopped by Paesano's for sandwiches. Distressed at first by the lack of elderly-appropriate seating (Paesano's has only stools which are a bit high for such an old woman to hop up to), we were relieved to find all patrons in such a good mood after eating their amazing sandwiches that several gave up their seats to help hoist Grandma into one. We ordered a variety of sandwiches, including the Giardina (exceptional eggplant), the Arista (juicy pork and broccoli rabe, fantastic), and, best of all, the GUSTAIO. While my sandwich-loving heart may forever pledge allegiance to TC Lando's (Acton, Massachusetts), my more objective sensibility may have to concede that the Gustaio is the best sandwich I have ever eaten. A sublime fusion of savory gorgonzola, sweet cherry mustarda, and perfectly seasoned lamb sausage, I will probably be telling my grandkids about this sandwich when I am Grandma Bunny's age. Paesano's easily ranks with America's other sandwich geats (Ike's in San Francisco, and Bunk in Portland, Oregon.)

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank CarnivoreOnTheRun

Vestal, New York
“D-e-l-i-c-i-o-u-s”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

We had a couple of the sandwiches and the roasted potato side ... the Paesano sandwich was my favorite - we had the Pork "Arista" also and that was good too - but I thought the Paesano flavor was absolutely outstanding. The potatos with the Rosemary and cheese were also delicious. When back in Philadelphia (we were traveling - not a regular), we are most definitely coming back here. We even 'joked' (was it a joke?) that we'd take two of everything and load up the cooler the next time we're in town so we could stretch out the love in our mouths for a little longer :) If you're a local - you have no excuse not to get there today. If you're a tourist - check it out - you won't be disappointed. Truly Delicious!!

• Visited February 2013
3 Thank smilingtrips
N. Virginia
“Oh, man!! Is that a good sandwhich!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

Just had lunch at the Paesano's in Girard. Of course I tried the Paesano with the brisket, peppers, roasted tomato, horseradich mayo and fried egg. Wow! It's definitely a meal but I tried the potatoes on the side anyway. Pork fat and garlic! Despite the vegetarian options, I could never say this was healthy, but has to be good for the soul. Remember they are cash only and it's Philly so you are better off taking public transportation if you can. Only parking is on the street, so read the signs. Seating is limited to about 8 stools at the counter and a couple tables on the sidewalk - yes, even in January. You can call ahead to get your order for pick up. However you do it, make sure you stop here when you're in Philly.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank NCR_Flyer
New York City, New York, USA
“The best Sandwich I have ever eaten!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

Food is well crafted and made with quality ingredients. Worth going to Philly just for their sandwiches.

1 Thank Tita9480
Hanover, Pennsylvania
“Better than Cheesesteak!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Knew this place was written up as "Best of Philadelphia" for sandwiches but had no idea how great of experience we would enjoy. Wife and I were visiting Philly for The Who concert and decided to hang around next day and grab a local bite to eat. Discovered their new location off of 8th street right in the heart of the Italian Market and experienced one of the best sandwiches ever. Wife had the vegetarian eggplant and I had the Bolognese which was incredible; especially with the fried egg on top. We decided against the usual Utz potato chips and went with their potato and cheese side dish which was 10 times better. I even ordered the lamb sausage sandwich to go and enjoyed as dinner that night once we returned home. The only negative is trying to find parking in the area but certainly not a deal breaker. Guy behind the counter was very pleasant and ensured our meal met expectations. This much better than going to a tourist trap cheesesteak joint that you have to wring out the grease before eating.

• Visited December 2012