“Oh, man!! Is that a good sandwhich!!!!!”

Paesano's Philly Style Sandwiches
Ranked #457 of 4,522 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Just had lunch at the Paesano's in Girard. Of course I tried the Paesano with the brisket, peppers, roasted tomato, horseradich mayo and fried egg. Wow! It's definitely a meal but I tried the potatoes on the side anyway. Pork fat and garlic! Despite the vegetarian options, I could never say this was healthy, but has to be good for the soul. Remember they are cash only and it's Philly so you are better off taking public transportation if you can. Only parking is on the street, so read the signs. Seating is limited to about 8 stools at the counter and a couple tables on the sidewalk - yes, even in January. You can call ahead to get your order for pick up. However you do it, make sure you stop here when you're in Philly.

1  Thank NCR_Flyer

Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

Food is well crafted and made with quality ingredients. Worth going to Philly just for their sandwiches.

1  Thank Tita9480
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Knew this place was written up as "Best of Philadelphia" for sandwiches but had no idea how great of experience we would enjoy. Wife and I were visiting Philly for The Who concert and decided to hang around next day and grab a local bite to eat. Discovered their new location off of 8th street right in the heart of the Italian Market and experienced one of the best sandwiches ever. Wife had the vegetarian eggplant and I had the Bolognese which was incredible; especially with the fried egg on top. We decided against the usual Utz potato chips and went with their potato and cheese side dish which was 10 times better. I even ordered the lamb sausage sandwich to go and enjoyed as dinner that night once we returned home. The only negative is trying to find parking in the area but certainly not a deal breaker. Guy behind the counter was very pleasant and ensured our meal met expectations. This much better than going to a tourist trap cheesesteak joint that you have to wring out the grease before eating.

2  Thank trike1099
Reviewed December 11, 2012

The sandwiches at Paesano's are everything good about Philly, on a roll - which are the best rolls, by the way. Every offering is so creative and delicious, a true symphony. Philly has been known for the cheesesteak for years, but hopefully when word gets out, any of these gems on the menu gets the nod instead. I especially like the italian tuna. Without a doubt, the best of Philly.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

We stumbled upon this tiny joint while checking out the Italian Market. To be honest, after a few steps inside my first impulse was to turn right around and leave because seating was so limited. However, the smell of spices, bread, and meat pulled me in against my will.

I can't recall the name for the sandwich I had, but it was made out of fried meatloaf. The sandwich was moist and set off with just the right spices and cheese. The bread was also superb!

As an added bonus, they had some unique soft drinks on tap. My favourite was the orange-cream soda blend-yummy!

I will be back if business ever takes me back to Philly.