“Better than Cheesesteak!”

Cuisines: Italian
Hanover, Pennsylvania
“Better than Cheesesteak!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Knew this place was written up as "Best of Philadelphia" for sandwiches but had no idea how great of experience we would enjoy. Wife and I were visiting Philly for The Who concert and decided to hang around next day and grab a local bite to eat. Discovered their new location off of 8th street right in the heart of the Italian Market and experienced one of the best sandwiches ever. Wife had the vegetarian eggplant and I had the Bolognese which was incredible; especially with the fried egg on top. We decided against the usual Utz potato chips and went with their potato and cheese side dish which was 10 times better. I even ordered the lamb sausage sandwich to go and enjoyed as dinner that night once we returned home. The only negative is trying to find parking in the area but certainly not a deal breaker. Guy behind the counter was very pleasant and ensured our meal met expectations. This much better than going to a tourist trap cheesesteak joint that you have to wring out the grease before eating.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank trike1099

“Creative, Passionate, Delicious - Philly to the Core!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

The sandwiches at Paesano's are everything good about Philly, on a roll - which are the best rolls, by the way. Every offering is so creative and delicious, a true symphony. Philly has been known for the cheesesteak for years, but hopefully when word gets out, any of these gems on the menu gets the nod instead. I especially like the italian tuna. Without a doubt, the best of Philly.

• Visited October 2012
Regina, Canada
“Best Sandwich Ever”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We stumbled upon this tiny joint while checking out the Italian Market. To be honest, after a few steps inside my first impulse was to turn right around and leave because seating was so limited. However, the smell of spices, bread, and meat pulled me in against my will.

I can't recall the name for the sandwich I had, but it was made out of fried meatloaf. The sandwich was moist and set off with just the right spices and cheese. The bread was also superb!

As an added bonus, they had some unique soft drinks on tap. My favourite was the orange-cream soda blend-yummy!

I will be back if business ever takes me back to Philly.

• Visited September 2012
Virginia Beach
“Makes me wish I lived in Philly!”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

The food here alone make me wish I lived in Philly! This past weekend we went to Paesano's on a recommendation from a lady in the Italian market. Honestly I think it may have been the best sandwich I've ever put in my mouth! Unbelievably flavorful and not even a little bit greasy! I had the Diavlo and hope to go back to have one of everything else! This place has definitely earned a spot on my all time favorite restaurants. Incredible value too!

Visited August 2012
2 Thank vblocalguy
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Have I Ever Had A Better Sandwich?”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

My husband & his friend say that they have never had a better sandwich. They had the Zawzeech & Diavlo. I had the the Bolognese and it was excellent! I certainly was one of the best, if not the best sandwich I have ever had. This is a little spot that you should NOT miss! Go for the fantastic food, not ambiance although the owner is very friendly.

• Visited August 2012