“Unfortunately dissapointed...”
Review of Le Virtu

Le Virtu
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Virtu is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #219 of 4,506 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Juniper & Mifflin
Transit: Snyder Ave. stop on SEPTA/Broad Street subway.
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I made the unfortunate mistake of taking my wife and her family to Le Virtu for her birthday dinner hoping to receive husband "points" for a great location choice. Philly magazine voted "best pasta" and that was enough for me to choose this place. If you're looking for a "hipster" type restuarant and location this restaurant is for you...excessivley small portions, unreadable menu descriptions and flavors that conflicted in my opinion. If you're looking for that "conventional Italian done very well" this place is not for you. Maybe I should have done more homework about the place but I was very dissapointed...I ordered the "Seafood Stew" and ended up getting a few clams, muscles, shrimp and octopus rings in a typical Zuppa Di Pesce type of dish but with very little sauce. Sorry but I'll stick to Spasso's in the city...

1  Thank Brian M

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Great burrata salad. Delicious Orata dish. The service was impeccable. Cute garden with a mural of Italy watching you while you eat. Definitely worth it.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

This restaurant is in the middle of the Passyunk Row if you will. Varied menu, call it Italian. Lot's of homemade sausages and salumi. The one appy paltter at $29 which everyone shares is grossly overpriced and somewhat of a disappointment, but everything else seems quite fair. BYOB on Tuesdays, but allowed other nights with a $10 corkage. Egg and cheese dumplings in tomato sauce were excellent. Pork dishes are quite good. Pasta dishes nicley done. Good service. Would recommend if you are in South Phiily. Watch parking...meter maids got us!

Reviewed July 31, 2012

The food was average on a good day. Service was spotty- one good server and one not. Cannot understand what all the fuss is about. There are many Italian restaurants in Phil's that are much better than this. Abruzzi has great food but this is not it

1  Thank Vscca56
Reviewed July 28, 2012

My husband took me to Le Virtú for our first anniversary. He chose it because our honeymoon was in Italy and the restaurant's website promised an authentic italian experience. Well.... They delivered. The food was fresh and delicious. The menu was creative, but not overdone.

My only criticism is in regards to portion size. For the amount of money you spend on each dish, I would have expected my plate to be at least half full. Especially since the whole concept of breaking down a menu into antipasti, primi, and secundi is to allow for family style dining.