“Little Slice of Germany in Philadelphia”
Review of Brauhaus Schmitz

Brauhaus Schmitz
Reserve with OpenTable
Brauhaus Schmitz is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #130 of 4,488 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: German
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Center East
Reviewed October 14, 2013

The Brauhaus is a great place to go in Philly to get a taste of Germany. The place is great and the staff are awesome. A great place to relax and meet warm, friendly people.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

The decor, the food and the beer look absolutely authentic. The beer list is very extensive, and it has some beers that you won't be able to find anywhere else, especially the one ones made specifically for this place. The food that we ordered to accompany the beer was very good. We ordered Wurst Plate to share, Leberwurst and 2 sides to go with them: sauerkraut, and the potato salad. Had I not known that I was in Philadelphia, I would have thought that we were in Germany - the flavor, the texture, and the presentation was very authentic. This reminded me of the times when I visited Germany and Austria years ago.

Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

We just had a lunch here. I had a sausage with kartoffelpuffer and my GF a forelle salad. Perfect small lunch. We are often in germany and appreciated the food, special beer collection and superb service!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I had a flight of beers made particularly for Brauhaus Schmitz and they were all excellent! These folks are serious about beer and you can get beer here that is unavailable elsewhere. The atmosphere was fun and comfortable. The food was also very good with large portions. If you do not get a soft pretzel as a starter, you are doing yourself a disservice.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I have become an avid supporter of the Reading Terminal location. Right next to a large bank of dining tables, their booth is attractive and the choices many. Today I debated for almost fifteen minutes and finally decided to have a half a portion of leberkase (not the healthiest option in the market) and a full portion of potato pancakes. They were all fried up in minutes with applesauce on the side. It was all very very good. Bratwurst, schnitzel- hard to go wrong here if you like German food. Also many grocery items for sale in the side and a large counter of German deli meats.
Where else can you get a fried bologna sandwich? Yum.

1  Thank CSSnowshoer