“Fantastic Stay - Couldn't Ask for More!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
Ranked #4 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Rhode Island
“Fantastic Stay - Couldn't Ask for More!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2011

I stayed here for one night in early December for business travel. I got a great rate at $180/night for a King Deluxe and was delighted to discover that this hotel is not only perfectly located, but also staffed by very courteous and friendly personnel. Check in took only 2 minutes and I had a spacious corner room with beautiful decor/design. The bed was fantastically comfortable and the room very quiet. Also, although pets are allowed, I never saw, heard or smelled one and the room and the entire hotel were models of cleanliness.

Overall, this was a terrific stay and I would absolutely recommend this hotel for business or leisure travelers!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank MaiaB

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (634)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2011

This hotel allows dogs to stay with their guests. There were two dogs in the room next door and more dogs in the rooms across the hall. These dogs barked until the late hours of the night. I am not sure why people who travel with dogs think it is okay to leave them in the room while they go out when they know that they bark and disturb others. I love animals, but I don't think I should have to listen to them bark while I stay in a hotel. Those dogs literaly ruined our trip. Be forewarned.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank traveleree
SeanFlanigan, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia, responded to this review, January 4, 2011
Dear Traveleree,

Thank for you staying at the Hotel Palomar and for taking the time to write about your recent visit with us. I was sorry to hear that your stay was less than satisfactory due to the loud barking dogs. Please know it is our intention to ensure all of our guests are comfortable during their stay and I apologize we fell short of that. I was hoping you would be so kind to email me directly so that we could discuss your stay more in depth. My email address is sean.flanigan@hotelpalomar.com. I look forward to hearing from you with hopes we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hotel Palomar.

Best Regards,
Sean Flanigan
Hotel Manager
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2011

Spent New Years Eve here with Sean n Eric at the complimentary wine hour, greeted ny Na`te at guest services, great info from concierge Abigail and what a location and cool boutique hotel. Did I mention hot chocolate break before the Mummers' Strut on 1st? Only hotel I"d recmnd in Philly! What a great surprise weekend for my wife.

• Stayed January 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Distributi0nManager, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia, responded to this review, January 6, 2011
Dear CDean,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write some shout outs to our hotel staff! We all really appreciate it and are so glad you chose to stay with us at The Palomar to bring in 2011! We hope to see you again soon here or at any of our other Kimpton Hotels.
APMAN652
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2011

My wife and I stayed here over New Year’s Weekend. We arrived on New Year’s Eve and were greeted immediately in the valet area (small drop off area but service is quick). We entered the hotel and we were greeted quickly and directed to the front desk. Front desk was great and even offered to obtain us a glass of wine from the complimentary wine reception which is held every day at 5pm. We entered the room which was approximately 350sq feet. The room had a cozy feel but it wasn’t too small. THE BATHROOM!!!! BEST BATHROOM in the city with city views as well. The large, very deep soaking Jacuzzi style tub was outstanding and clearly built for two (If booking, be sure to select “Spa King”). I think we make use of the tub about 5 or 6 times over the course of 3 days! You enter the separate stand up shower to enter the tub. We also used the business center, however I thought the use of the internet should have been gratis (Internet is free from your room if you are a Kimpton InTouch Member-but I did not have my laptop with me). The location of the hotel is in a very busy section of the city, so you will need to take extra time getting to and from the hotel. However, the location is great for Center City shopping, restaurants and bars. The customer service was outstanding and I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a romantic getaway in Philadelphia.

Washington DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2011

located near Rittenhouse Square, this is the perfect hotel for sightseeing, great dining, museums, or a business trip. Despite being a 24 story former office building, the Palomar has the feel of a small boutique hotel. Rooms are stylish and comfortable & staff is professional & efficient.

Laguna Niguel, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2011

My wife and I loved this hotel as soon as we walked in. The entire staff was so nice and very accommodating of our two large dogs. They brought pet bowls and beds to our room. We were not condemned to a pet room, it was extremely neat and clean with all the amenities. We ordered room service and both times the food was delicious, but it also was a 15.00 hamburger. Palomar is a great hotel, pricey but worth every penny.

Dear Itsmarie,

I am so glad you and your dogs enjoyed your stay with us at The Palomar. Each and every Kimpton property is completely pet friendly and some even have Pet Ambassadors! There is a rumor that one Hotel even had pet Penguins stay. We hope to see you and your dogs again soon. Thank you for writing a review on your recent stay with us!
london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2010

I would say that as this is my first visit to Philly I wasnt sure what to expect.I saw The Palomar as #1 on Tripadvisor and have to say that it was definitely worth the ranking.My wife and I stayed as part of an aniversary trip and was upgraded to an 1 Bed exec.King Spa.What a GREAT ROOM.! Cant fault it.I found the check in staff to be both curtious and professional.Nothing more to stay except keep it up Palomar and we will be back.